Thread: Nikon XL spotting scope problems

Cool Nikon XL spotting scope problems

I've had a Nikon XL 16 X 45 spotting scope for a few years, I know it's a lower end scope, but I was wondering if any one else has had problems. Seems anything over 20X the scope is useless. Clarity is terrible. Very hard to focus.

Pretty much a 16 power spotter.

In a fog

Haven't seen that in my XL II, been using it for about 3-4 years now. I used it a lot this fall looking at sheep and moose and it saved me a lot of walking. I will say that when at 47 power, it isn't as clear as some of the other scopes i've looked through but I don't expect it to be as clear as a Swarovski or a Leica. I like mine well enough but i'll be upgrading before next year rolls around to one of the above mentioned spotters.

Quote Originally Posted by Stirmanr View Post
    I've had a Nikon XL 16 X 45 spotting scope for a few years, I know it's a lower end scope, but I was wondering if any one else has had problems. Seems anything over 20X the scope is useless. Clarity is terrible. Very hard to focus.

Pretty much a 16 power spotter.

In a fog
    I had one as well for a couple of years and had the same issues with it as well as horrible low or impaired light viewing. Took it sheep hunting once and came home and bought a Swarovski and have not regretted the switch one bit. Heck think that is the most expensive purchase I have made in some time that my wife didn't even flinch about when I put the two side by side and had her take a look.
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.