Thread: Where is the Supplies

Default Where is the Supplies

Was just out and about yesterday looking to see what was out on the shelves. Well after seing the shelves with nothing at all on them, to me and my way of thinking I have a question. Is all the problems with regulations with shipping and just the over all lack supplies for reloading is this just another quite form of GUN CONTROL???????? What says you.

Angry No Doubt About It!!!

Went to a local BassPro Shop here in CA ans could not find a single round of pistol amo in any caliber. They did however have reloading supplies.

Their comming after our guns next.......
    I'll hold on to my Bible & my Guns, you can keep the change!!!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

this has been on going since the November Elections.

the stocks have been bought out so fast the suppliers can not keep up with the demand.

Now vrs 4 months ago? there is aobut 200 times the sotck avalible now as there was this spring...

things are SLOWLY starting to recover
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default I still believe

that the shortage on just about everything was due to people panicking, maybe for good reason, over the potential of Obama becoming president and opposing everything related to gun ownership, ammo, etc. The buying and hoarding of literally massive amounts of primer, powder, etc. literally stripped the market of some things for months. The first major run was on semi-auto black guns, then ammo and reloading components. What disturbed me was that people had apparently been conditioned to believe that we had no power in this country anymore so that whoever became president could do whatever they wanted, strip us of our Constitutional rights. Well,. I think that isn't going to happen. People seem to remembering that this is our country and the govt. works for us. Let's hope it continues in that vein.

I think it's a combination of factors. First was fear that we wouldn't be able to buy guns, ammo and componets when BO was elected president, so folks went crazy buying whatever they could. That in turn cleared out the shelves, so when the next group of folks came to the gun stores, they were convinced that whenever something showed up on the shelf, they should buy it, which they did, and so on.

Inspite of the inconvenience of not being able to buy what you want every time you go to a gunstore, I think the fact that folks are buying guns and ammo hand over fist is a pretty clear message to the politicians. That and folks excercising their 2nd amendment rights at political rallies. Mr. and Mrs. citizen is pizzed and not going to take it anymore.

The shelves aren't as empty as they used to be, so when you see what you need, buy it.

The Clinton administration put a ban in place in 1994 that sunset in 2004. Obama said that he wanted to bring the ban back. The only thing that has kept it from happening is that enough democrats remember how many lost their jobs after the first ban. If you believe that they don't want to take all guns away from people you really need to take a harder look at some of the things they have tried over the years. Hopefully the people of this country will keep them in check but without the 2nd amendment none of the others will be around long. Even my wife was telling me to buy guns and ammo when it started looking like Obama was going to win and I sure didn't want to disappoint her.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I stopped by Arctic Ammo, on the Palmer-Wasila highway today. He had quite a selection of powders, primers, and Hornady bullets.

He'll also order anything he can find on the pooter. He ordered some Speer bullets for me one time ago.

I'm already pretty well stocked on the things I use. I only bought some Percussion Caps today.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Default What Happened?

Is this the United States of America? Home of the Brave, Land of the FREE

I understood when supplies were a little tight during Gulf wars 1 and 2. I DEFINITELY understood the buying in mass just before and then again after the elections. What I'm having a hard time understanding is why do we STILL have a shortage? Folks can only stock up so much, and the economy is a bit tight in most of the lower 48. Also, it's been right close to a year now since the election.

If I were a powder co, or a primer mfg, I would be pushing out all the product i possibly could AND adding shifts. I know the ammo companies did that during the wars, but i never heard of the primer/powder folks doing it.

This just seems a little fishy to me that we still can't get supplies or ammo in decent quantity. I normally write off conspiracy theories immediately, but i'd be open to a possible Fed conspiracy on this one...

Darn good question: why do we STILL have a shortage?

You'd think the guys who were "stockpiling" reloading supplies would have laid away enough by now. So how come the shelves are still so bare?
    I can remember when Sportsmans Warehouse in Anchorage had literally HUNDREDS of pounds of assorted powder, and enough primers and bullets to supply a small army. Not any more. Why can't the stores get re-supplied?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall/Ak View Post
    I can remember when Sportsmans Warehouse in Anchorage had literally HUNDREDS of pounds of assorted powder, and enough primers and bullets to supply a small army. Not any more. Why can't the stores get re-supplied?
    The Anchorage store keeps most of their powder in the back, not on the shelves. The last time I was there, they had a lot more powder than the few containers on the counter led you to believe. Ask someone at the gun counter, and you might be surprised.

Unhappy causes...

The wars across the big pond have added to the shortages and cost. The "Obama and his friends" factor did the rest and spurred a buying freenzy. I firmly believe they want to make sure the only ones that have guns are their body guards. If they can't do that they will keep adding taxs.