Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SO LETS GET THIS STARTED EARLY. POST#1 when does winter draw come out?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default SO LETS GET THIS STARTED EARLY. POST#1 when does winter draw come out?

Now i know that November is supposed to be the month it starts... so with out looking or doing any-home work WHAT-SO EVER... i want ed to get the blood pumping party started and under way as we know it is gong to be all of the above, as soon is the band arrives.

WINTER DRAW comes out soon... time to start spending those Penny's all over again.

and with luck this year... they won't say

ah ERRRRRR OPPPS!

Redo in June

thread one of (?) 7 is my guess
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default BY the way....

Draw Hunting Summary:

Most drawing hunts are available to both residents and nonresidents. Drawing hunts require an application fee and are awarded by lottery. Each year, the Alaska Department of Fish and Game (ADF&G) publishes a Drawing Hunt Supplement with specific information containing the drawing hunt opportunities and area boundaries. The drawing supplement will be available in late October.
    When to Apply:

ADF&G has returned to having a single application period for all drawing permit hunts. The application period for these permits is now during November and December only. The application methods and deadlines for applying are:
    • By mail – All applications must be postmarked by December 15.
    • Online – Applications are accepted through December 31.
    Required Items:

To apply for a drawing permit, you'll need:
    1. A hunting license valid for the time period you'll be hunting.
      (This license requirement does not apply to nonresident military applying to hunt on military land or residents under the age of 16)
    2. The hunt number(s) obtained from the hunting supplements.
    3. Non-resident hunters are also required to have a signed Guide-Client Agreement prior to applying for certain hunts. See the Guide Requirements for Alaska Hunting page for more information.
    How to Apply for Drawing Hunting:

1. Check the current Drawing Permit Hunt Supplement for your hunt number(s). Supplements are available:
    2. Submit your application
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default 2010

So does that mean I need to buy a 2010 hunting license early in order to apply?

Draw Hunting Application Period

Starting in the fall/winter of 2009, the Alaska Department of Fish and Game will return to having a single application period for all drawing permit hunts. The application period for drawing permits is during November and December only. The hunt supplements will become available at the end of October.
    Drawing Supplements

• The draw supplements for the next application period will become available approximately the last week of October.
    Application Materials

• Application materials will become available at the beginning of November, when the application period begins.

meet on face book here

Default okay so the home work was easy

Additional Information

• How does the hunt drawing process work?
      View information on how ADF&G conducts the permit drawing.
    • Online Harvest Reporting
      File your harvest report online for selected hunts. If your hunt is eligible for online reporting, just folllow the directions. You will receive a confirmation number immediately after your report is successfully submitted.
    • Maps of Permit Hunt Areas
      Visit the Game Management Units or Game Species sections of the website to find maps and additional information for various hunts.
    • Deployed Military Personnel Military reissue and transfer information.

Contact the following offices
    for more information on hunting permits.

Anchorage Office

Alaska Department of Fish and Game
    Division of Wildlife Conservation
    333 Raspberry Road
    Anchorage, AK 99518-1599
    (907) 267-2257 phone
    (907) 267-2433 fax

Fairbanks Office

1300 College Road
    Fairbanks, AK 99701-1551
    (907) 459-7206 phone
    (907) 459-7332 fax
    email: dfg.dwc.pubinfoR3@alaska.gov

Juneau/Douglas Office

P.O. Box 110020
    Douglas, AK 99811-0020
    (907) 465-4265 phone
    (907) 465-4272 fax

meet on face book here

Vince, this is good information. Just a reminder for all to make sure you turn in hunt reports so you stay away from the "Black List". Especially since they now require a tag for black bear, just something you might forget to turn in.
    I was disqualified one year for my hunting partner putting in for too many moose hunts before we tried to party hunt for moose. Nothing hurts quite as bad as looking your name up, and seeing you were never in the running.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighorse View Post
    So does that mean I need to buy a 2010 hunting license early in order to apply?
    Your 2009 hunting license will still be valid during the Nov/Dec application process.
    I don't think you can even get a 2010 license until Jan.

Thats one good thing about this. I won’t have to buy a new license so early.

I can tell my wife that hunting permit applications are on sale this year, so I bought more to stock up.

She's always telling me that.

Vince - You're working off of old information. I just got word that the drawing will be cancelled this year, particularly for 14C sheep and moose permits on Ft. Rich and in Unit 13. I guess I'll just go ahead and close this thread and delete any threads that come up dealing with the drawing that's not going to happen. Nothing to see here folks...move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Vince - You're working off of old information. I just got word that the drawing will be cancelled this year, particularly for 14C sheep and moose permits on Ft. Rich and in Unit 13. I guess I'll just go ahead and close this thread and delete any threads that come up dealing with the drawing that's not going to happen. Nothing to see here folks...move along.

LOL good thing you on it then Brian... i will have to double check your information cause if those are accurate that means that the unit 20 moose and delta Bison are next on the chopping block

meet on face book here

If this black list is real, why have I never seen it........???? And if it exists, and is not viewable, it seems they are stealing money.

Default Links aren't any good, Vince

Not sure what is up with the links, Vince, but they ain't working.

Brian, I know you were joking but some may take that seriously <grin>.

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Not sure what is up with the links, Vince, but they ain't working.

Brian, I know you were joking but some may take that seriously <grin>.

thats because i copy and paisted bush rat... the real links can be found at the F&G web site...

that can be found under GOOGLE>.. Alaska F&G

( gee whiz next thing you know he'll be wanting me to pay his fee for him too)

meet on face book here

Thumbs up

Better wait for the supplement. The details have yet to be ironed out. The only for sure thing so far is: There will be more opportunities to apply for next year.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Wink

Thanks for getting all of us ramped up even more than we have been for the past 3-4 months!

So non-residents will have to buy a 2009 hunting license just to apply, then buy a 2010 hunting license to hunt if they draw? I think that is pretty messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    So non-residents will have to buy a 2009 hunting license just to apply, then buy a 2010 hunting license to hunt if they draw? I think that is pretty messed up.

NOPE 2010 license is now avalible on line just ckecked...

you can pick 09 or 10

meet on face book here

No. It's incorrect that you can't buy a 2010 license in advance. I've bought my 2010 license during the November drawing period before - it just isn't valid for hunting until Jan. 1st.

Thanks for the clarification. Never realized you could buy them ahead of time.

Wink

Look at it the other way, if you hunted as a non-resident in 2009 you can apply but don't HAVE to buy your 2010 UNLESS you draw.

I will still be a non-resident during the drawing period but will be a resident next hunting season. Am I SOL on some permits this year or can I still apply on the basis I will be a resident by the time of the hunt?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast