Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Susitna Streams?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    690

    Default Susitna Streams?

    Anyone fish any of the streams up north? I'm looking to make some after work runs and the Kenai is a BIT far for a few hrs f fishing. Thanks

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    45

    Default Willow

    Fished willow on Sunday with not much luck. 1 grayling and a few old silvers were all we got, no rainbows at all. We started at the confluence and walked up so I'm not sure if it was any better farther upstream.

  3. #3
    Member power drifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Down wind of 2 Glaciers
    Posts
    1,088

    Default fished montana

    today.I tried beads,scalpins,and esl.flys. fishing all afternoon and into the evening from the trestle well out into the big sue. The water is clear and very low. I didn't have a single hook up, but did see a very nice trout in a deep hole in the sue. Still enjoyed a wonderful day and found about 50+ pixies,spinners, and other crazy king gear all hooked up on one tree stump. All stuff I never use but will make some garden Art out of it. The big Sue is not so big right now but did see lots of bear tracks.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    anchorage
    Posts
    74

    Default wish i could tell you

    there are fish bighting in the mat su. on sunday we fished near the mouth of one of the creeks. the fishing was hot!!!!! from the time we got there, to the time we left. there where very few people and tons of fish (if you find them) in a few of the holes. don't give up! i had great luck wading quartz this weekend also. beads, flesh, buggrs, numphs just draggin at the end of the drift.

  5. #5

    Wink

    One guy I know just returned from fishing the confluence of the East and Middle Forks of the Chulitna River. He said it was great for bows and grayling. I have not fished it, ever. Would be interesting to learn from those that have. He also said he saw three black bears and some brown bear sign. They found one bear carcass, where there had been a fight. I think it is a little bit of a walk to the creek. Might be worth exploring it.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  6. #6

    Default

    This late in the season the resident fish are moving down out of the tribs into the mainstem of the drainage. Quality fishing high in the creeks up north will be poor to nonexistent for the remaining season.

  7. #7
    Member power drifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Down wind of 2 Glaciers
    Posts
    1,088

    Default Good grayling

    fishing today. I found them today and man some kind of fun. Very nice ones and one right after the other. must have hooked 15 in about a hr. I know what I will be doing again soon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •