Thread: Another potatoe question

Default Another potatoe question

Never had this before, but this year, everyone I know had little tomato looking things growing towards the top of their potatoe plants. What are they...seeds? Can you dry them and plant them next spring?
    Attached Images Attached Images

There Kiwi fruit, Hav'nt you heard about climate change?

O.K. just kidding.

We had some plants do that when we I was a kid, did'nt bother with them so I don't know the answer.

Eggy we had the same thing happen this year as well. We never did get a straight answer from anyone?
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Post tater berries...

I get them every year,part of all the light they get, it don't hurt nothing...i called "that garden guy on the raido on sunday mornigs" (fbks 660am) and never did get a good answer... i was trying /lookin for a way to get the taters in the ground to use the engry instead of them tater berries.
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Default They are seed pods

While folks rarely grow potatoes from seed, it is possible. If your potatoes produce seed it can be fun to save them and experiment. However, potatoes, especially hybrid varieties, will not reproduce true to type from seed so you never know what you will get. It's easier and more reliable to grow them from vegetative cuttings or "seed potatoes", which is the common practice. Most folks aren't even aware that potatoes are capable of producing seed, but a little web searching can provide information on the subject.