Thread: Oil drip vs. toyo/monitor

Default Oil drip vs. toyo/monitor

I have commercial power, so I was going to get the toyo or monitor. Besides the initial price, and a cold house if the power goes out; are there major differences that make the electronic controlled stoves that much better? What kind of efficiency can you get out of a drip? How well can you controll temperature fluctuations with a drip stove?

mp214parks,
    I have a lodge and we have a drip/carborated stove we use for heat in the fall in the dinning room. I have had in my old house 1500sf heated with a toyo 73 (mid size). I would say that the toyo is the most efficient way to heat period unless you have a bunch of rooms. In my old house we just left the bedroom doors open. My daughter when she got older would close the door and it got cold in there. Both hers and our bedrooms were on the North side of the house. I would not hesitate to use a toyo to heat my house again. If there is a room that is not getting heated enough you can put a small toyo in there. They are temp regulated and the bomb for heating where stove oil is available.

This is my opinion but I have exstensive use with both stoves. The drip really likes to use oil.

George

Toyo heaters are great. If I had full-time electricity I'd have one, but I don't. Instead I have an Efel oil heater. It has a non-electric thermostat and is extremely efficient compared to the old Perfection type drip stoves. Most good quality oil stoves now have a non-electric thermostat option. Once properly set up they work great. As efficient as a Toyo? No, but the difference between the two is acceptable, and my Efel is WAY better looking that a Toyo.

Kenai pen, in summer. Matsu vally in winter

I shure love my nordic