Thread: salchacket Slough

Default salchacket Slough

Anyone run it this late in the year? How shallow does it get? How about some of the off-shoots? I am looking at going after my cow tag this week and it has been a bit since I have been over there. Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome.

get on it! airboat before long cause ice...the more u go the less there is ...Watch the temps.
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

We got back yesterday after spending the weekend up near the confluence of McDonald Creek. Sachaket Slough itself is a piece of cake...plenty of water. It has dropped, but the benefit to that is it's pretty obvious where the channel is.

I did notice a small amount of ice along the edge (3-4") where there was no current. I drained my heater core on my SportJon before bed Saturday night and I'm glad that I did as I woke up the next morning and my Nalgene bottle full of water was half frozen.

Saw a bull and a cow with two calves. One other boat and he was coming back eysterday with a moose, so pretty quiet out there.

Default Thank you!

Looks like we are headed out tomorrow eve or first thing Wed. not entirely sure of where we will be, but if ya see a yellow smokercraft with a 65HP evenrude stop in and say hi. Gotta try and get this cow as we need meat ina bad way.