Thread: Kenetrek boots ????

Syracuse, New York, Wasilla, Alaska, United States

Default Kenetrek boots ????

I was thinking of ordering a pair of insulated mountaineering boots for a very late Oct. goat hunt. Anyone have experience on how they work/fit. I know my Lowa boots took a few tries before I found the right size. I'm a 12 and my Lowa's are 11.5 wide. ???

Kenetrek's are good boots. I have a pair, but they did not fit right. I bought a pair of Lowas that fit and I'm happy. The Kenetrek's would have been great if they fit me. Have a pair size 10 will sell cheap. Good luck

Steve

Default Great boots

I purchased a pair last spring. Mine are insulated as well. I love mine. They have held up well and fit great. I normally do not wear a wide width boot but I ended up with a 12W and they fit like a glove. The sole is rigid making up hill climbs easier (other than my lungs being winded!!). When sidehilling they provide pretty good ankle support keeping everything stiff.........

You'll enjoy them.

Brian

I'm real happy with mine. Great fit and good support. I used them on a Kodiak mountain goat hunt last year and several other hunts over the last couple of years.

Default Stidd

Wish I was a 10. I'm a 12 med. I hate buying stuff on-line as I just know they won't fit right. I see Lowa has an extreme gtx that they say is insulated. But, they don't say how much.

I believe My Lowas GTXs are 400 grams of thinsulate.

Steve

I really really like mine. I got uninsulated 13med. Fit like a glove right out of the box. I have a narrow foot and wear a normal weight sock with a med to heavy wool sock

Default Thanks guys...

I'm ordering the Kenetreks. We'll see.

Lowas tend to run about a 1/2 size small. I'm not sure about Kenetrek sizing.

Brett

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    Kenetrek's are good boots. I have a pair, but they did not fit right. I bought a pair of Lowas that fit and I'm happy. The Kenetrek's would have been great if they fit me. Have a pair size 10 will sell cheap. Good luck

Steve

What's the price? I'm a 10.5 normally but boots tend to run large on me. I'm in the lower 48 would you ship?
    Thanks
    Justin

It depends on which boot, but the Lowa Hunter GTX 10" are around $400.

Brett

If you are happy w/ your Lowa's then I would stick w/ them and just wear some good merino wool sox w/ them. I have the Kennetreks and they are good boots but I will be looking hard at the Lowa's for my next set. I don't see any reason at all to buy new boots for any alpine hunt through early/mid Nov depending on where you are hunting in the state.
    FYI, I just got back from my goat hunt and after lots of heavy loads my buddy w/ Lowas had no foot pain at all. I didn't get blisters w/ my boots but I did have to retighten regularly and got some hot spots that had to be treated w/ moleskin.

Default I've never been...

in the mountains that late before. I have to believe that my feet would get cold in my uninsulated Lowa's. I did order the 400 gram Kenetrek's. We'll see.

Default Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post

Steve
    Hey Steve,
    I don't know when I'll be up there next, but I'd sure like to try those boots on if you still have them when I do make it up. Actually, are they the same Kenetrek's that Sportsmans sells? If so, I will give them a try this weekend while in Anchorage and see what I think. I have to get all new foot gear because I am now a size 10 instead of 8.5 Yup...two minutes with a rolfer and I'm a size and a half larger in the feet! Talk about spending a lot of money in a short period of time...too bad payless is not my preferrence!

Quote Originally Posted by BucknRut View Post
    Hey Steve,
    I don't know when I'll be up there next, but I'd sure like to try those boots on if you still have them when I do make it up. Actually, are they the same Kenetrek's that Sportsmans sells? If so, I will give them a try this weekend while in Anchorage and see what I think. I have to get all new foot gear because I am now a size 10 instead of 8.5 Yup...two minutes with a rolfer and I'm a size and a half larger in the feet! Talk about spending a lot of money in a short period of time...too bad payless is not my preferrence!
    Yep you can try out the Kennetreks at Sportsmans. The mountain 400's are the ones you are looking for.

Default hmmmm....

Been looking at this post with some interest. I've always used the Meindls from Cabelas. Liked them for all intesive purposes, but always wondered about the quality, durability. The kenetrek boots interested me, when I got a flyer in the mail the other day. Also, the Lowas as everyone on here preaches about them.

Again, liked my Alaskan Meindls, just wondered how they compared to these others.
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!