Thread: Waterfowl Taxidermist

Default Waterfowl Taxidermist

Looking for recommendation for a good waterfowl taxidermist. I don't see a lot of guys that specialize in birds in Alaska.

Default Flyway Taxidermy

I can highly recommend Jerry Froelich, owner of Flyway Taxidermy. http://www.flywaytaxidermy.com/
    He is out of Minnesota, and hands down is the best waterfowl taxidermist I have ever seen. Waterfowl is what he specializes in, and I don't think he even does any other work. You will not be disapointed with him.

Rich Dykema, He is based out of Soldotna. He does EXCELLENT work. Take a look at his website www.bird-taxidermy.com.

I have also heard very good things about Rich. He is friends with a buddy of mine and before he knew he did taxidermy, my buddy was like "how did you get that close!!" when he showed him a few pictures. If they look that real, I guess ya did good!

Try Dale Manning at Custom Bird Works in Missoula, MT. He has won to many national awards to count. He did the best eider I have ever seen. J.

Default Check out about alaska wildlife taxidermy

I'd give Larry a call at About Alaska Wildlife Art in Palmer. Here's his website http://aboutalaskawildlifeart.com/

He did a mallard mount for me. There is a picture in my photo album if you want to check it out.

Default Caribou Unlimited

Rick at Caribou specializes in waterfowl and has won some awards.

Default Knights

I am not sure who Knights uses, but I have had several birds mounted by him and they are awesome. I have several pheasant that I think are some of the best mounts that i have seen.
    I do know it is a guy out of Big Lake that Knights sends there stuff too. They do great work.

Check out Northern Wings Taxidermy in North Pole. http://www.nwtaxidermy.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cusackla View Post
    I am not sure who Knights uses, but I have had several birds mounted by him and they are awesome. I have several pheasant that I think are some of the best mounts that i have seen.
    I do know it is a guy out of Big Lake that Knights sends there stuff too. They do great work.
    The guy in Big Lake is Birds by Ed. I think burke used him for some ptarmigan last winter. Maybe see what he thought. There was a thread about it, but I cant seem to find it now.