Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Buskin River Silver Limit, 10 per Day!

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kodiak
    Posts
    552

    Default Buskin River Silver Limit, 10 per Day!

    Yes that is right, the limits for silvers on the Buskin was increased to 10 a day! My freezer is full so it does not matter to me. I would love to see someone dragging a limit off the river now.

  2. #2
    Member kodiakbound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kodiak
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Finally have some elbow room to just relax and catch a couple silvers. I'm guessing it's gonna be a mad house again now. On a side note there is a couple of bears working the pump house area so be on alert

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akflyfisher View Post
    Yes that is right, the limits for silvers on the Buskin was increased to 10 a day! My freezer is full so it does not matter to me. I would love to see someone dragging a limit off the river now.
    Why do they increase limits like that? Is it sometimes a bad thing to have too many fish spawning?
    If I were there, I wouldnt be asking these questions. I'd have a backpack full of happiness...
    Actually, Id probably bring my woman and have a bigger backpack, full of happiness.
    Eat coho till im pink in the face...

  4. #4
    Member kodiakbound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kodiak
    Posts
    250

    Default

    I'm guessing it has something to do with the down sockeye run in the buskin. Either to reduce competition for the sockeye fry or to give folks more fish for the freezer since the red run was a bust. Just guesses though. Maybe someone can chime in with the real reason

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Juneau
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sodabiscuit12345 View Post
    Why do they increase limits like that? Is it sometimes a bad thing to have too many fish spawning?
    The short answer to your question is "yes". Here's a link with a short video about overescapement, with both sides (though I honestly didn't realize there was another side to this -- like the biologist says, it's pretty much accepted fisheries science).

    http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=10702966

    Video is in the upper right part of the page.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.No View Post
    The short answer to your question is "yes". Here's a link with a short video about overescapement, with both sides (though I honestly didn't realize there was another side to this -- like the biologist says, it's pretty much accepted fisheries science).

    http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=10702966

    Video is in the upper right part of the page.
    thanks man.

    I think I actually got sad at the end when he says: "Priority number one: Dont mess up the treasure nature has created"

  7. #7
    Member BRWNBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Big Lake
    Posts
    8,464

    Default

    are there silvers in the river that heavy? i know sometimes i see a limit extended but the fish are already gone..i'll be down sunday..think the fish will still be in silver?
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

  8. #8
    Member kodiakbound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kodiak
    Posts
    250

    Default yes

    I got 2 chromers Thursday and 1 Friday. Bright and covered with sea lice just up from bridge 2. still fishable numbers hanging around

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •