8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Norma better

1 12.50%
  • Lapua Better

7 87.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Norma brass vs Lapua brass your opinion

Default Norma brass vs Lapua brass your opinion

I am going to buy a bunch more brass for my 6.5x55 Swedes. I have some Lapua brass which is much better than WW, Fed, PMC, or Rem when it comes to being the correct size for the 6.5x55.

But I was also thinking about Norma brass. The last time I bought Norma brass was 20 years ago for my 358 Norma.

Does anyone see a real difference between the two???
    I have noticed that the Lapua flash holes are a touch smaller than the American flash holes.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

I have been shooting both. Norma because I ran a load of factory ammo up here and got to shoot about 200 rounds of Diamond Line, lapau because I have been using it for years. The Lapau brass is a bit more consistent, a bit softer and IIRC has a bit more capacity. It is also more consistent.

Plus cheaper.

I may have 20 rounds of 1x fired Norma if you want to screw with it before buying

Quote Originally Posted by Float Pilot View Post
    I am going to buy a bunch more brass for my 6.5x55 Swedes. I have some Lapua brass which is much better than WW, Fed, PMC, or Rem when it comes to being the correct size for the 6.5x55.

But I was also thinking about Norma brass. The last time I bought Norma brass was 20 years ago for my 358 Norma.

Does anyone see a real difference between the two???
    I have noticed that the Lapua flash holes are a touch smaller than the American flash holes.
    I have only used Norma brass in my Weatherby and it has given great case life and is quality brass with consistent weights and lengths right out of the box, however there is some complaints of quality from lot to lot. As a rule I think it is a fine product, but Lapua consistently produces a better product IMO. For what it's worth, most BR shooters I am acquainted with use Lapua brass exclusively.