Thread: 22-250 sweet load

Default 22-250 sweet load

I bought a stevens model 200 22-250 for a cheap winter on the snow go gun. After I shot it, i had to get a trigger for it. So I got a basix trigger it and threw a 4x12 vx-1 leupold on it. I finally got to hand loading for it. You have to remember that I paid 289 for the rifle on sale, 100 for the trigger and about 299 for the scope. That means that I have a total of 688 in the total rifle. i figured that if i get 2 inchs out of it I would be happy. Well today I shot some hand loades with barnes tsx-fb in it with varget power. This thing is a tack driver. I couldn't believe it for the price. I get a group of .830 with a three shot fouled barrell. I'm impressed for a cheap rifle. I have rifles that I paid twice as much for that cant shot that good.

Gotta love that Varget... good shooting. now go get some yotes

Right on...how's the paint holding up so far?

The paint is holding up good. I havent taken it anywhere besides the range, but it still shots good.

Not the least of the accuracy factors in this equation is the (Savage) Stevens barrel. The current Stevens rifle is, I believe the old Savage 110. In my experience, out-of-the box Savage rifles shoot lights out. IMO they produce a great factory barrel

Default another suggestion

Ive had great success with 38gr/W760 shooting both the 55gr NBT and the 55gr Speer SP bullets. Both group less that 3/4" at 100 yds from my Browning A-bolt. The both chrono in the near 3500fps. I use the 55gr Speer's on Oklahoma whitetails, maybe to light for some people but are absolute deadly on them. The Noslers are used for shooting prairie dogs and coyotes, it sure is fun to watch a hungery 'yote fold up when hit with one! haha