Thread: Breeders in AK

Default Breeders in AK

Looking for quality breeders in AK, preferably Anchorage/Mat-Su area. Wanting to train hunt test and field trial. Would like strong pedigree. Any information is great, I can't find a lot online.

Default Ditto

Im looking to get a pup here in the near future myself already stocking up on things I know im gonna need. Likewise would like as much info on breeders and availability of litters in the near future a few pups available around just hard to get info on them and most websites not providing much.

Three places to look for quality Alaska retirever breeders. Do google search for Alaska Working Retrievers, Retriever Club of Alaska, and Midnight Sun Gun Dog Association. All three clubs have breeders who occasionally have nice liters. MSGDA is more into hunting dogs, AWRC and RCA are AKC affiliated and do HT and FT each summer. For more dog info you can also check out the Retriever Training Forum, which is very active but most members in lower 48. Be sure and ask for health clearences for any liters you are interested in. CNM, EIC and hip guarentee. Bud

Yeah, I know about the research, it's not my first pup, just can't seem to get anything other than "We have chocolates and yellows ready for you!" I want more on CNM, EIC, CERF, OFA, etc. I want guarantees. I can't find anything. I emailed MSGDA and Alaska Working Retrievers and a NAHRA group as well. Hopefully I'll hear something about them. I'd already searched RTF as well but there was nothing up here. I'm not new to the game, just new to Alaska!

I know that there was a litter of "pointing" labs, which I know is a debatable term, that had a solid looking pedigree in Soldotna. I just picked up my puppy tonight, but I'm not really sure if I'd suggest the breeder yet.

JP

My last post is a bit misleading. I did not get one of the pointing labs from that litter. The sentence where I referenced my breeder was not intended to sound like it was connected to the rest of the post. I just thought I should clear that up.

D and D, how is the search going? Got any secret local breeders you want to tell us about?

Jeremiah

Kind of surprised really, Seems that people think because the pups are AKC registered that good enough. Thinking If I was a breeder I Would want to show the public that the parents of the litters had any Field Trial or Hunt Trial Certifications. And on the Health Gaurantee only have seen one local breeder that right up front has said they would replace a dog if health problems arise. Any recommendations on breeders greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help, I've found a litter that meets what I was looking for.