Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Archer's Den update?????

Default Archer's Den update?????

Few more day's till the big PFD. Mines going twords a new bow and was hoping Paul would be up and running, any word? Going to start shooting some demo's tomorrow and through next week. The three main brand's I'm looking at are.

Mathew's
    Bowtech
    Hoyt

But that's not set in stone, what shoot's best in my hands will find a new home.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    Few more day's till the big PFD. Mines going twords a new bow and was hoping Paul would be up and running, any word? Going to start shooting some demo's tomorrow and through next week. The three main brand's I'm looking at are.

Mathew's
    Bowtech
    Hoyt

But that's not set in stone, what shoot's best in my hands will find a new home.
    take a look at the Martin line too Curt, my family loves them.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Latest news I heard is that he found a place in Eagle river but is waiting on a few things. Maybe he'll chime in, but should be opening sometime soon, i'm hoping want to look at some new bows also.

E-mail him at the link on his website, Curt. He should respond to you.

My wife has been itching to do some shooting, and isn't quite confident enough to let 'er rip in the back yard yet. I'm hoping Paul gets up and running soon.

Was the Archer's Den the only place to shoot indoors in ER/Chugiak? The backyard is not a fun place to shoot in winter.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

so whats the deal with the going out of business or moving sales every six months?

i have never met Paul, but from here it seems he is never open for moving? kind of a crazy way to sell your products.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Vince - His landlord basically wanted the better part of the building to himself, so he doubled (exact amount unknown) the rent and forced Paul out. A big place like he had is hard to come by, so it will take time.

My most recent conversation with him sounded promising, though, so we can cross our fingers for luck!

Paul is a great fellow. That I can assure everyone who doesn't know him.

Love ya,

Taylor

-[]-------->

I don't know Paul 'personally', but he has sure been top shelf with me. gone for several months and when I walk in he greets me by name and asks about my daughter. always a smile and a helping hand for whomever walked thru the door. Great guy, anxiously awaiting his new shop. (and I shoot Trad)

Got an e-mail from him on Monday, he has got something in the works and should be announcing something soon. He's also busy helping with hunts and such so he might be hard to contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    so whats the deal with the going out of business or moving sales every six months?

i have never met Paul, but from here it seems he is never open for moving? kind of a crazy way to sell your products.

Any one who DOES know Paul will tell you he is a Great American and an absolute pleaseure to do business with. Addtionally, he has opened once and closed once so I'm usure where the comment even comes from. Had this been posted on "the other" forum your replies probably would have been a bit more pointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveintheburbs View Post
    Any one who DOES know Paul will tell you he is a Great American and an absolute pleaseure to do business with. Addtionally, he has opened once and closed once so I'm usure where the comment even comes from. Had this been posted on "the other" forum your replies probably would have been a bit more pointed.
    AND HOW DO mean that? my replies would have been more pointed????

it is an observation i made that in the last year i have seen archers den now close twice and was curious as to why. i clearly stated i have not met Paul if your not sure where my comment come from make sure to Ask i am a big boy and able to explain my self clearly... and can even find some sign language to put on here if it is still not plain enough.

it is very OBVIOUS that Paul is well respected in the archery community.

but from here 400 miles away, there has never been any explanations as to why ... but in the last year there have been many thread on when will he reopen.

AGAIN........

thanks for your input, if you don't understand any of it.... please feel free

or you can act like my ol lady and have the pretence to know what i would have said.....

meet on face book here

but from here 400 miles away, there has never been any explanations as to why ........

Stay there please......

why even comment if not a local patron of the business You obiviously know little about Eagle River. For your info reasonable space availability and something affordable are two things not easy to come by.

I am not a regular bowhunter but Paul has always been very nice to me and my family when we have stopped for a visit. We'll wait patiently for him to get reestabished. He is sorely missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupont Spinner View Post
    Stay there please......

why even comment if not a local patron of the business You obiviously know little about Eagle River. For your info reasonable space availability and something affordable are two things not easy to come by.

I am not a regular bowhunter but Paul has always been very nice to me and my family when we have stopped for a visit. We'll wait patiently for him to get reestabished. He is sorely missed.

See now that is a straight forward question...

so lets take a look at it....

1 every new member that inquires about getting in to bow hunting or archery in general is refereed to archers den

2 Paul regularly signs in and gives comment on his business

3 from a business standpoint closing your doors once let alone twice in one year is near suicide.
    4 if i closed my doors for 6 months at a time. my customers would be up the crap creek... but then i would have none...

5 it is VERY uncharacteristic for ANY business to bolt and run, the SOP typically would have been to locate a new office PRIOR to closing your doors...

hence the question

BY THE WAY..

Taylor thank you for that explaination...

Now you all can jump down my neck all you want in defense of your boy there. but the fact remains that the place sells a ton of bows and closed TWICE since i joined the forum just over a year ago.

good business or not, IT appears ODD, I do bow hunt, i do shoot. Just because i am not local and have not had the chance to deal with Paul first hand YET. does not mean i had not ever planned on it. but you know what

I would like to know he is going to be there before i dropped a grand for, equipment that may or may not have some one to back it up if required.

if i was a NEW member and witnessed all this, over the year, i think i would seriously consider my options first..

Obviously Paul has a strong backing, i hope him the best, at least now the circumstance of his closure is open.

i have attended to many auctions of contractor tools that were " temporarily stored" in a con ex while they got resettled, then foreclosed on, and run out of business...

if you have not noticed.. there have been a lot of changes in the economy of late and more to come...

by the way there DUPONT,

i already do business in 19 different communities around this state, i have a fair shake of what each area is like. I do not FREQUENT eagle river for personal reasons that have NO bearing on any Business,

meet on face book here

Vince - I'm not sure where you're getting that he has closed up shop twice in one year. His original location was his only location. He may have closed for a few days here and there for hunts, but there were no multiple going-out-of-business sales.

As far as I know he only closed shop once, never heard of any other time he closed or moved, his shop has always been in the same place. Paul is a great guy, i've dealt with him many times and will continue too(got my PFD waiting for a new bow ). You can still get in contact with him if you need too, email or call and he will help ya out.

Default steppin' in it...

Man, Vince, I head out for awhile you really go steppin' in it...

Its common knowledge that you avoid Eagle River because that's my neck of the woods, isn't it?

I do not FREQUENT eagle river for personal reasons that have NO bearing on any Business,

Thumbs up My story

I took my bow to paul just before he closed his store. I didn't buy the bow from him but he was more than willing to help me out. Long story short, it had to go back to bowtech for warranty work. He closed his shop and I had a hunting trip coming up and I was worried. He was able to rush it and get it back to me a week before I was to leave. He didn't even charge me for the shipping.

I will be a customer when he reopens. If he decides not to reopen, I wish him the best.

Paul has not closed his shop twice, just this one time when his landlord decided he wanted the building to himself and doubled his rent to make him move out. Get your info straight Vince, posting misinformation on a local business doesn't do anyone any good.

well i digress, but it sure seems there was a lot of when is it going to reopen last year also, perhaps i am confusing a second shop?

it was not my intention to detract from the den at all. and my apologies if i have.

and Steve, i will explain my full situation in person next week. but since you continue to make light of it...

the pedophile that got my girls LIVES in Eagle river.....

meet on face book here

I know Paul closed a few times to go hunting and when his brother passed, maybe that's what you were remembering. Pedophile?? Can't say I blame you for not wanting to live or even visit Eagle River being in that situation, i'd want to visit the guy and stomp him every chance I got. Sorry to hear that Vince.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast