Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Bless 'em All

  1. #1

    Default Bless 'em All

    Perhaps within the ranks of forum members there lurks a lyricist that will write a set of lyrics to the tune "Bless "em All" only with the the title "Trash "em All".
    Lyrics should include every organization that on some occasions has disagreed with any of our individual philosophies; AOC and APHA must be included, other organizations optional - any biologist that even though they have produced a body of work that allows for better management decisions, it is important to remember they have "dared" to disagree - therefore should be given no "quarter". And last but not least - those pesky guides that have been willing to put forth the necessary effort to develop an area where they can hunt without having to chase some animal for two or three days on a snow machine or four wheeler.
    Joe (Ak)

  2. #2
    Moderator kingfisherktn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ketchikan, AK
    Posts
    4,076

    Default

    Calling Soggy.........Where are you?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    2 mi east of 'Halfmoon creek"
    Posts
    831

    Thumbs up

    Joe, Hopefully your challenge will be met.

    I believe somewhere on this forum there HAS to be AT LEAST one 'forum member'
    capable of 'being' THIS 'Lyrist'.

  4. #4
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    bless them all?


    i was thinking more along the line of some NINE INCH NAILS......


    to the tune of "I want to **** like an animal.... "
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  5. #5

    Thumbs up

    I'll start with the title:
    "The Times They Are A Changin' "

    Honestly, I don't think anyone wants to hear of a Pity Party. Most I believe would rather look forward and figure out what it is they have to do to get ready for the next hunt, knowing full well that their opportunities are less each year. They also recognize that their kids will NEVER know the Alaska they have known. As far as disagreement in the ranks of the beauracrats...well...that's politics. Plain and simple. Every state job is political in it's very nature, to think otherwise is foolish. I personally hold each and every state employee accountable for their actions and very much favor stripping them of their "entitlements" when they don't perform their duties or if they get so high and mighty they start spouting off their own personal agenda. There are a few whacko's in the ranks of the ADF&G and they need weeded out, like an invasive species. A willow bush will bend with the wind and spread out all along the river bottom. A Mighty Cottonwood will stand it's ground and have it's limbs stripped and broken off with each storm.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  6. #6
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,600

    Default

    Akres I believe you said it all when you said ( get ready for their next hunt ). Damm everything else I'm going to get my due before they are gone. Just like I believe every gun owner should belong to the NRA so should every hunter belong to some group working to makes things better for their sport. Just like the NRA though only a few precent are working to make things better and the rest well,they are planning next years hunt.

  7. #7

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post

    Damm everything else I'm going to get my due before they are gone.
    Amigo,
    Congratulations on creating the first stanza of the lyric. So far now, we have the title and first stanza. Everyone keep posting, we will get a song to be sung around the campfire, yet.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    607

    Default The times are changing

    Come hunters and fishermen that respect the land, get out of the way if you don't understand. The new hunter and fishermen don't give a dam, for the times, they are a changin'.

    The weekend warrior doesn't care where you camp, so what if you have to stare at his lamp?

    For the ethics, they are a changin'. So get out your four wheeler and follow the crowd, take lots a beer and get real loud.

    Who cares if they spent twenty years cutting a trail, they don't own it and it's nice as a rail.

    So race in and shoot some game near their camp, they were sleeping and you used a head lamp.

    Respect and ethics are just so lame, you need to make a quick kill so ya don't miss the game.

    So get out of the way if you don't understand, for the ethics, they are a changin'; so get out your four wheeler and follow the crowd, drink lots of beer and get real loud, for the times, they are a changin'.

  9. #9
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,600

    Thumbs up

    By jove you have got it ole boy

  10. #10
    Member Roland on the River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,690

    Default Lyrics

    Captain T you get "REP" points for that!!

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roland on the River View Post
    Captain T you get "REP" points for that!!
    YES! A WHOLE BUNCH!!
    Joe (Ak)

  12. #12

    Default

    Can't go to the Noatak ask the NPS why...

    We know why the bull system just made some cry...

    And left up to Fithian to set guide claims straight

    Air taxis and urban residents will go through his gate

    But wait who's that all covered in blood

    Could it be the Queen or is it Don Peay

    All said and all done it don't really matter

    Cause the Farm Team's on first cheered on by the clown's

    and who would have ever thought of Arno goin down

    ohh the times they are a changin..

  13. #13
    Member Rock_skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Deltajct
    Posts
    2,499

    Default

    A quick one,

    When I was a kid a long time ago,
    We got excited when Dad let us use the bow.

    Went looking for the beast high and low,
    It did'nt matter if it was 40 below.

    Looking back over the years of past,
    Its hard to believe they went by so fast.

    " Man the times are changing"

    Learned many things from then and now,
    Now have the people asking you how.

    Now you have the guys that read the ballistics
    And most are being unrealistic.

    "Man the times are changing"

    The internet has caused a trend,
    If you use it you might make a friend.

    If you do make that friend,
    There's no telling where this will end.

    "Man the times are changing"

  14. #14
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,600

    Default

    My arttic Oven and new Sitka gear are ready to go.My sniper rifle sighted to lay the game low.Now if the snowplow will just plow a lane so I can drive right up next to the game.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •