Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: good belt needed

Default good belt needed

Anybody have a good belt for IWB holsters they like. Was thinking of ordering one from a place called the beltman on line but was curious if there are any places in town to check

Any place that stocks Filson clothing will have Filson leather belts. Not cheap but good stuff.

I hear the The Beltman makes good belts, but haven't seen them myself.

If you are not set on leather, my favorite by far is the Wilderness Instructor Belt. It has reinforcing between two layers of webbing, and the belt and buckle are strong enough to use as a tow strap. Not suggesting it, but it would work. I've carried (comfortably) a N-frame S&W in a Blade-Tech IWB for 14 hours at a time with no problem. And no, it wasn't a 329 lightweight.

If you are in Anchorage or South-Central, Northern Security Supply usually has the most selection, but right now that isn't as much as when they are fully stocked. They also carry the Wilderness belt.

Great Northern Guns has some nice Galco belts, and maybe Bianchi too.

Dave at Diamond D makes very nice stuff, and probably has a bunch to choose from.

I think Alaska Tactical carries the Wilderness belts.

If you are going to order, you might look online at Rafter S also. I have seen their stuff, and it was very sturdy, and looked sweet (esp. the exotic trim). Word of warning: when they say the belts are thick, they mean it. The double thick gun belt I saw was too thick for same size holster slots/loops. Ask for a 'thin' double thick, or order a holster to go with the belt.

Default lots of them...

Lots of custom holster makers offer good belts. A good belt is needed to secure a good holster and aids us in a quick presentation of our hand gun. I have several pairs of dress slacks that the tailor put 1" 1/2 belt loops on for me. Filson makes a double thickness belt that lasts a long time and offers good stability for a holster. I have them in 1.5 and 1.25 widths. They are cheaper then a true custom belt but work well and I have used them for many years. Also, if the fit is not right you can send them back, something you may not be able to do with a custom belt. They were a litttle over 50 bucks from their catalog and Sportsmen's Whse. in Anch. had them at one time.

Don't mess with single layer Filson belts. The doubles are O.K. I recently bought a belt from CrossBreed holsters and I'm very happy with it.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default Wilderness Instructor Belts

They are very stiff and tough, last forever, don't stretch, have good buckles and look gnarly. Any stiff gun belt for typical belt holsters will work for an IWB holster. Don't get a clip over holster as they aren't reliable if you are active. The kind with two snap over straps are best, IMHO.

Since we carry them, I get to wear galcos or Daves

i go with wilderness shop for everyday wear and for dress try galco they are really good..

Default A high-dollar option...

Kramer makes 1 1/4" belts out of horsehide & sharkskin...These have excellent reviews although I have no personal experience with them. Although, you might have to sell your gun to pay for one. Yikes!

Good luck on your search.

http://www.kramerleather.com/product...3&categoryID=2

I like my belt from Rob at Simply Rugged Holsters here in AK. Dave makes a good belt too.

I have been wearing this for the last three years and love it.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...ory=16#details

Lot's of great companies already listed - I'll add one more for your consideration:

http://www.ringlercustomleather.com/...tsquality.html

I've had the best performance and comfort from double layer belts with the skived edges.....I had one made by Milt Sparks several years ago and it looks good and performs very well.....

Default belt

I recently ordered a basic bullhide belt from tucker gunleather. I am greatly impressed with quality and service.

www.tuckergunleather.com
    ..."Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions." - G.K. Chesterton

If you have a Tractor Supply (TSC)take a look at the belts they carry.

Default Try this

http://crossbreedholsters.com/

Super fast delivery and awesome service. The Supertuck is very comfortable for carry if you haven't decided on your holster yet, and their belts are high quality.
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

i like galco, don hume, and gould & goodrich lined belts. check eBay for a deal. i buy mine a little big because holsters and ammo slides take up some room.

bianchi also makes a nice lined belt. mine is "fancy stitched" and 1 3/4" wide. it is 20yrs old and still in good shape!

try to order a belt that will fit your holster and ammo carrier.
    happy trails.
    jh

I like my wilderness instructor belt. Along with my Simply Rugged pancake with insideout straps I can carry my S&W mtn revolver all day.

Wilderness 1.5" 5 stitch Instructor belt or Milt Sparks. Matt Del Fatti and John Ralston at 5 Shot leather make very nice belts also.

Why not swing by Black Elk or Tandy and buy the belt makings and do it yourself? Lots of tempers and widths. You can probably buy the leather, the snaps (or needle and thread), punches, snap set, dye and buckle for less than you'd pay for a belt someone else built. It's easy and you'd have the fun and pride of making your own. It might be your first, but you'll be looking for excuses to make more. Again and again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast