Thread: Aftermarket sights for my glock 20

Default Aftermarket sights for my glock 20

I am thinking about getting new night sights with my new long slide. I am looking at XS sight system, Ameriglo ghost sight, and the Tru Glo.

I have noticed that after having my eyes lasered 5 years ago now that recently I have a hard time focusing on the front and rear sight plus the target. Being that I am only 31, it is a side effect of being lasered. But the 20/15 vision is awesome! Will give it another go around with Shoot N C targets, plain paper is hard to see what is going on and to then adjust properly after using binos to check the shot or group.

The XS seems simple and kinda like it should self center, like the stock sights on my .375 ruger. The ghotst sight is interesting but not sure if it will be ideal for hunting yardages. The tru glo is a cool concept, ngiht sight with fiber optic. Only problem with them is they are long, not a huge deal I guess but takes away some lenght from the over all sight distance, which is part of why I am switching up to a Long slide and to cover the barrel.

Looking to see if anyone uses any of the above or similar. Plus if shooting high consistantly, should I get -.1? Thanks for any insight.

I have TruGlo Tritiums on my Glock 20 and my XDs. Let me know if you would like to take a look at them.

Check out Dawson Precision

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    ...I have a hard time focusing on the front and rear sight plus the target...
    I think its physically impossible to focus on multiple focal planes at the same time. You should only be looking at the front sight...correct?

I am wondering this same thing for my G20. The XS system, to me, is more designed for a situation where fast sight acqusition is needed, i.e. a self-defense situation at closer yardages...then again, it'd probably work for you since I'm thinking hunting yardages would be less than 50 anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    I think its physically impossible to focus on multiple focal planes at the same time. You should only be looking at the front sight...correct?

I am wondering this same thing for my G20. The XS system, to me, is more designed for a situation where fast sight acqusition is needed, i.e. a self-defense situation at closer yardages...then again, it'd probably work for you since I'm thinking hunting yardages would be less than 50 anyways...
    I remember never having trouble with the sights, maybe it is just the glock factory night sights, no problem at night when they are glowing. Need to get back out to the range and get some more practice.

There are Utube videos of some dude shooting 25 to 100 yards with the XS sight system. First shot was even upside down between his legs! I think I would go for the small dot and not the big one. May not buy new ones till later, will see.

Mostly I will use the G20 under 50yards and hopefully 18yards from the tree stand!

Quote Originally Posted by roknjs View Post
    Check out Dawson Precision
    Too many choices! Why don't anyone make an adjustable night sight?! Lone Wolf had better prices, and pictures too of the sights. I guess will give my stock ones some more range time.

Default XS Express

I have the Bomar style XS Express style rear with the standard front dot on my custom 1911. I like the sights, they are well made and quick to acquire. The problem I have with them is that without perfect light it is hard to get the same sight picture repeatedly. Granted this doesnt stop me from being able to hit a softball sized target out to around 30yds, but for more precise shooting I think that a square notch and post is a better setup. Also since without good light behind me I find it hard to tell where the post ends and the dot begins, I have found that most of the misses are either high or low with windage being pretty easy to control.

I have shot Glocks set up with the ghostring rear sight and consider it solely a self defense system. Seems like the aperture is too far from the eye and you dont get as much of the automatic centering of the front sight, like with a rearward mounted peep on a rifle.

We install a bunch of the Truglo fiber optic and tritium sights on the XD's at the shop. Aside from not being ajustable I would consider them one of the best sights for hunting with an autopistol that is not readily adaptable to the Bomar style rear sight. I also think that they would be great for bait stand use as they glow regardless of what time of day it is or light conditions.

Default choices...

I have Novak's Lo Mount tritium with the horizontal bar on the rear and dot on the front on my 1911 and Browning Hi Power. I have the XS rear with the standard dot on front on a Glock 36. The tritium dot on the front is easy to place on top of the dot or bar on the rear sight of all 3 of these weapons. I am not a fan of the 3 dot system. The XS sight system is a good sight for what I want the Glock 36 for. If I thought I was going to do much shooting past 25 yards at something other then a silhouette target on a regular basis I would opt for Heine Lo Pro Straight 8 or Novak Lo Mounts instead of the XS sights.

Default Went with

TruGlo Green fiber optic with Tritium from Lone Wolf. Will put them on the 6" Lone Wolf stainless slide. Thanks for the other options. Never realized there are so many brands of sights! Still not sure why no adjustable tritium sights.

I think with the factory night sights, the white is hard to focus on during the daylight hours. At night they glow greenish and have no trouble focusing, so it seems. I think the Truglo sights is just what I will need. It is nice to know some people use them and recommend them. Still like the idea of the XS, would be nice if they had fiber optics in them also.

I put the meprolite adjustable night sights on my Glock 20 and have found them to be quite good. Little pricey to by, but they are adjustable and use the tritium tubes for night shooting. Nice to have an aim if a bear tears into your tent while sleeping.

Default Lone Wolf

I over looked somehow, but they do stock the Meprolight adjustable night sights. But other than being adjustable they don't sound much different than my factory, have the white outline. I think after reviewing all the sights again, I made a good choice. Plus based on The Kid's experience with them I should be happy. If not will order another set of sights to try. They should be here any day now.

Do you have a pic of that 6" slide. I have been eyeing them thinking about one for my Glock 20. I already have thier 6" barrel and think the slid would look pretty cool. I have the meproight adjustables and honestly perfer the truglos.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebear_78 View Post
    Do you have a pic of that 6" slide. I have been eyeing them thinking about one for my Glock 20. I already have thier 6" barrel and think the slid would look pretty cool. I have the meproight adjustables and honestly perfer the truglos.

The slides are back ordered till November unfortunately. Will have pics of those as soon as they come in. I have seen a pic of a LWD 6" slide on another forum a while back, not sure which one, this site is the only forum I use. It looked pretty nice though. Could always have it durocoated also, so it is not the stainless showing. They kinda look satin though to me. Mostly just want the longer sight radius. I really think I will like the Truglos!

Quote Originally Posted by Thebear_78 View Post
    Do you have a pic of that 6" slide. I have been eyeing them thinking about one for my Glock 20...

Default Can't wait!

Those are the pics. Sure does look good