Thread: Anchorage halibut charter

Default Anchorage halibut charter

I need a halibut charter out of somewhere near anchorage during october for a couple usaf guys. Whittier, seward or homer would be awesome. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Default Seward

Quote Originally Posted by epw View Post
    I need a halibut charter out of somewhere near anchorage during october for a couple usaf guys. Whittier, seward or homer would be awesome. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    epw,
    you won't find a better deal than what the Army mwr folks can do out of seward, if they are still running at that time of year...which I think they are. Politely ask the skipper to finish at the chicken holes vs. starting there.

I believe the MWR charters shut down right after labor day weekend.

Default Homer

Call bob's trophy charters, and request the katilak vessal. If they are running you can not go wrong, and worth the $. On my trips they skipped the "chicken holes" and went for the fish. It's my own .02, but they are my favorite after many chartered trips out of both seward and Homer.

yeah, there isn't much that runs out of seward or anywhere for that matter. The weather comes up and the fish are nowhere to be found. I remember last year i ran a few charters in late sept and early oct. We couldn't find a halibut to save your lives.

If you wanna do kings i know of a lady in seward who runs winter king trips out of seward. Shoot me a PM

Thanks for the replies. Doesnt look like we will have the time now though. A couple o slabs would be sweet though.