Thread: Fort Rich Guys

Default Fort Rich Guys

C'mon guys, fill some tags and post some pics! This weekend should be a good one!

Good luck!

Default I'll try.

I'll do my best to post pics and a story but it's not a gimme

Oh, I know it's not a gimme. Last year I had the cow tag and it took until early November for this knucklehead to get one.

Last year, I remember that it was slow until about Sep 27th, then quite a few were killed up through the first week of October. Then the moose DISAPPEARED (ie went to the hills) for a few weeks, to return in late October. Late October and early Nov, moose started getting killed again.

Good luck!

Default I saw a big one this morning!

Saw a big bull just south east of the intersection of Richardson Hwy and Quartermaster. Looked to be in the high 40's with 4 brow tines on each side. This is a rough guess as I am no master moose judge! All I know is he is the first bull Moose I've seen this season and I was a bit down I didn't draw a tag this year. If anyone needs help when you get one down let me know, I don't mine helping a brother out. Good luck ya'll, go slay'em!

Still waiting for my winter Fort Rich permit hunt...don't shoot too many fellas!! I am hoping to down my first moose. I'll post pics if successful.