Thread: Shot Shock

Default Shot Shock

My rear shock on my 01 800 RMK wasn't doing it's job towards the end of last season. Is there a good place around Anchorage to have this rebuilt?

Any sled shop can rebuild it. Check with Ak Mining.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Just upgrade to a new and better one if you got the money.. They will keep ya from bottoming out and racheting... What were the symptoms of the failure??? What setting is your spring on??

The first question to ask is whether or not it's rebuildable. If it's a stock steel-bodied shock? Pitch it. If it's a Ryde FX or an aftermarket aluminum gas shock take it to Eagle River Polaris for service.

Does Eagle River Polaris service shocks in house or do they send them out? What brands do they service also?

In house. Actually most sled dealers should be able to service Fox shocks. It's pretty simple. I know E.R. Polaris does Fox and I bet they do Walker Evans also.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

It's a fox shock. Don't know what setting it is on but I've happy with it for years - up until last spring. I was bottoming out a lot. Sounds like I will drop it off the ER Polaris.

Fox shocks are only good for one or two seasons before needing recharging. Get the others serviced at the same time and you'll have a much better ride.