Thread: Alaska Frontier Trappers Association Meeting

Default Alaska Frontier Trappers Association Meeting

Meetings start up again on the 6th of October for the Alaska Frontier Trappers Association. Meetings are held the first Tuesday of every month (OCT. - APR.) 7p.m at the Palmer Library.

Check out the website (http://akfta.org) for forums, discounts on supplies, tanning, and free magazines with membership. With the discount on supplies it only takes a couple purchases to recoup the membership dues.

Guest speaker is supposed to be Tim from ADF&G (Palmer Office) and he will be speaking about the black bear snaring efforts in 16B as part of the department's predator management program.

Supporting Member

Default Meetings of AFTA

Arrowslinger forgot to mention there is an attendance prize (free) drawing for members at every meeting, as well as free refreshments. Come join us!

Oh man, does that mean spikes cookies will be there? I might just have to show up solo (since you guys decided to have your meetings the day AFTER Jim goes back to work each month)..... We will have to talk to someone about that!

Quote Originally Posted by spike9542003@yahoo.com View Post
    Arrowslinger forgot to mention there is an attendance prize (free) drawing for members at every meeting, as well as free refreshments. Come join us!
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Supporting Member

Default Meeting of AFTA

Change in guest speaker. Tony Kavalok will be the guest speaker tomorrow night, vice Tim Peltier. Subject will be the same: Black bear snaring in 16B as part of the predator management program.
    I will make the cookies for the November meeting!

Originally Anchor Point, AK but in Kodiak now!

Default Kodiak?

guys,

I was just wondering if there is a chapter or trapper group/association in kodiak? Any info would be great. Thanks!

Rob

Supporting Member

Default Trappers association in Kodiak

Not aware of a trapper's organization in Kodiak, which does not mean you couldn't start one
    Seems to be plenty of trappers out there and lots of fur coming off the island every year, so might be a great place to try and get an organization going.
    At least two options come to mind if you are interested in starting an association. 1. Affiliate with the state organization (ATA) and become a chapter like the South Central Chapter in Anchorage and the Kenai Chapter down on the penninsula. 2. Start an independent trappers organization like the Alaska Frontier Trappers Association in Palmer.
    Both options offer pros and cons and should you decide to start up an association, I would be happy to discuss them with you at length.
    Lastly, if you don't feel like starting your own association, check out the websites for the existing organizations in the state and see what they have to offer you. The Alaska Frontier Trappers Association website can be found at www.akfta.org and the Alaska Trappers Association can be found at www.alaskatrappers.org .
    Hope you have a good season!