Thread: Afognak Brown Bear Hunting Advice

Default Afognak Brown Bear Hunting Advice

Any advice out there for hunting brown bear on northcentral Afognak in late October?

From my experience, Afognak is loaded with brown bears. Late silvers in the creeks on the north end will hold bears obviously. Low tide beach hunting. Find a knob to sit and glass. I think there is too many bears for using a call, you might get more than you bargained for.

Default Deer hunt first

Shoot deer, you'll see bears soon after, they can't resist a gut pile..... I'm not saying bait them that would be illegal .

Quote Originally Posted by Captain T View Post
    Shoot deer, you'll see bears soon after, they can't resist a gut pile..... I'm not saying bait them that would be illegal .
    Thanks for the information Captain T. I appreciate it

Default Afognak Bear Hunting Advice

Quote Originally Posted by jtm9 View Post
    From my experience, Afognak is loaded with brown bears. Late silvers in the creeks on the north end will hold bears obviously. Low tide beach hunting. Find a knob to sit and glass. I think there is too many bears for using a call, you might get more than you bargained for.
    I appreciate the information. Apparently there are several creeks near where I plan on hunting. The main run will probably be over but still hopefully enough stragglers to hold a few bears. Thanks again for the info. I'll put it to good use. Any other advice is always appreciated