Thread: custom ALLWELD boat owners post..

Thumbs up custom ALLWELD boat owners post..

the boat shop here in fbks has there allweld..made for them..not what u find "online"..i need the in's and out about these boats ...i will post as we move along so as to fill in on what i'm trying to do ... please post your real findings as i ten not to let a dime of my time/money not go to waste.. (will other than a few beers to help smooth out my boat/$ spent )
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Only thing I can see different between the one I purchased from The Boat Shop and the ones at alweld.com is the tunnel hull but it is just a option. With the tunnel hull there appears to be extra transom support so I suppose it weighs a few pounds more than a standard unit.

Default Whats the difference ?

They add a couple of options. The tunnel is custom to their specs.
    Two knee braces are for extra support for trailering on our roads, heavy gunnels
    rather than the standard round tubes and an aluminum core transom rather than wood.
    Options that make a better boat.
    You could order in a plain jane, but why.

Quote Originally Posted by Madboater View Post
    Heavy gunnels rather than the standard round tubes and an aluminum core transom rather than wood.
    I didn't realize that was just on The Boat Shop models. Learn something new everyday

I do know after a few hard trips that mine is turning out to be one tough unit.

Post so far...

moved off my inboard boat buy, 2 get a "good " river boat that can run shallow /carry a load ,and go chase a 'butt or 2" once a year,,,long range fishin& hunting, cost less ,and 2of us can get it up an over a 20'foot high log(push&pull) jam and hunt the part of the river that "every one" turns around at......here is what i see.. ALLWELD= lots of ribs and good welds,lots of sizes/with/lengts,.100 bottem ,wt ok, 6deg bottem, around 10$ ...SEAARK not as many sizes,.125 bottem. not as many ribs ..welds ok,craig c proofed , what i do really like is the 3 deg bottem, 7$ in same sizes, and if u buy in anchorage u get a daimond plate floor for less money!........ my old monark 20' with a 5' flat bottem could really get thur some stuff, i got past the "spin out" on sharp conners and could really get that boat in places... like the salcha river "miles & miles" pass the fork for boo....

Quote Originally Posted by atvalaska View Post
    moved off my inboard boat buy, 2 get a "good " river boat that can run shallow /carry a load ,and go chase a 'butt or 2" once a year,,,long range fishin& hunting, cost less ,and 2of us can get it up an over a 20'foot high log(push&pull) jam and hunt the part of the river that "every one" turns around at......here is what i see.. ALLWELD= lots of ribs and good welds,lots of sizes/with/lengts,.100 bottem ,wt ok, 6deg bottem, around 10$ ...SEAARK not as many sizes,.125 bottem. not as many ribs ..welds ok,craig c proofed , what i do really like is the 3 deg bottem, 7$ in same sizes, and if u buy in anchorage u get a daimond plate floor for less money!........ my old monark 20' with a 5' flat bottem could really get thur some stuff, i got past the "spin out" on sharp conners and could really get that boat in places... like the salcha river "miles & miles" pass the fork for boo....
    Just curious, what size outboard are you planning on running with? Two guys pulling a 20' jon boat with any adequately sized outboard over a 20' high log jam are going to definitely have their work cut out for them. Glad I'm not one of those guys, but I wouldn't mind watching.

Post opti 175 pro

it was a 90mec that we did it with...about 30mins ...2days and a moose &2 bears latter we did it again.....not fun with meat...but a tag filler...