Thread: Fish holding glove

Default Fish holding glove

There was a post regarding a mesh glove a member had made and was for sale somewhere and of course I can't remember who or where, and I am the worst searcher of all, because I have not found it............a little help please.

Quote Originally Posted by 2PawsRiver View Post
    There was a post regarding a mesh glove a member had made and was for sale somewhere and of course I can't remember who or where, and I am the worst searcher of all, because I have not found it............a little help please.
    I'm not sure about seeing one for sale on here, but here is a link to where you can buy one online..

http://frontrangeanglers.com/catalog/may-fly-fish-mitt

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Default fish glove

I work in the service industry, and when I fillet fish, I use a glove that is cut resistant. Check out any resturant supply store. The one I like is made by Forshner. I think that is the correct spelling. If you need any more help locating one PM me.
    Ray

Default re gloves

Forschner cut resistant glove model 8181.

between 20-25 dollars

Sorry should have clarified........it is a wide mesh glove designed for holding fish. I can find the commercailly that are a mitten, but a site member designed the same glove, but it has fingers............he does not sell them on the site, but does have a supplier.

Thanks for your help though. I do have a filet glove, come in real handy.

Do not have a "cut resistant" glove for filleting fish, I have some cotton mesh gloves that we used at the hatchery to hold fish...they are down right awesome, its like the fish does not even have any slime on them at all. Never had a fish slip on me since.

trout--

"I Envy Him And Him Only, That Catches More Fish Than I Do" Izaac Walton 1653
    The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that

the cotton mesh gloves that you buy to go under the vinal gloves commonly used for commercial fishing are what they give us to handle salmon at ADF&G make sure you get the gloves wet before handling the fish.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Mojoman on www.alaskaflyfish.net is selling the mesh gloves. They work very well.