Thread: Stoeger

Default Stoeger

I was thinking of getting my daughter a Stoeger uplander side by side in 410.

Where are they made and what kind of quality are they.

I looked on gunbroker at 410 side by sides and couldn't find much in the lower price range, then I found I could get a new one of these for about the same as a used and beat up Stevens.

Thanks

The Stoeger name is all across the board quaility wise the last 25 years. JMHO but I believe an H&R single shot would be money much better spent and for sure the little 22lr/.410 combo.

Stoeger is now grouped with benelli and Franchi IIRC. The Benelli reps is extremely responsive to our needs and the needs of our customers. I cant comment on Stoeger quality but I would submit that Benelli will not let crap be produced

A few years ago they were bringing in some lower quality guns from Brazil IIRC.

well i know the Stoeger warranty and service centers is in Pocomoke,Maryland...I just recently bought a stoeger model 2000 and without a doubt satisfied with it. As with any gun you get what you pay for but sometimes you would be suprised at what you get for the price. I think youll be happy and so will your youngen with the stoeger....

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

I have been looking at their coach guns for a while now, and the little 410 double looks like it would be fun for spruce chickens and bunnies in a small short package.

so I would also be intersted to hear what folks have to say about their quality etc.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Don't know about now but a few years ago their coach guns were from China.The China shotguns have started many folks out in the cowboy action shooting world.Not near the quality of an old Remington or Winchester but often a better price point.I wouldn't worry about who they are under today as new year or tommrow it could be someone else.Heck HK put it to tons of folks on their SxS and O/U's. Stoeger is much like Charles Daly just a name that is bought and sold with no reflection of their past.

The Stoeger 2000 is made by the Turks! It is built for Benelli and is based on their inertia driven system. They are a whole lot of gun for the money. As WildAlaska stated Benelli is not going to taint their image with a clunker.

The one thing that puzzles me is that a short while back I came across a Traditions auto loader that was new minus the box and had sat around for a couple of years and thus was marked at just over $200. It had beautiful walnut and looked like a quality gun to me so I took it home. Turns out that it is the same exact gun as the Stoeger 2000. They mirror each other when placed side by side. So I'm amiss as to the ties betwixted Benelli and Traditions. Or did Traditions come up with an original idea of their own that was so good that Benelli jumped on it? Stranger things have happened!

The turks make many of the shotty guns now days. They make the Kimber and S&W as well as most Daly's and other lower price point guns.Turkey is second only to the U.S. in hunting lincenes sold. They are not set up to build a best gun yet but good and utility guns is no problem. One must understand though the Benelli can build very nice shotguns and the Turk guns are for those that don't want to spend the bucks on the Benelli name.

The Stoeger uplanders are made by ugartecha in Brazil. OK for the price but still of mediocre quality. Can't buy much of a gun for 300.00 bucks nowadays. Just remember, if you pay 300.00, the dealer makes about 50.00, the importer makes about 50.00 and the manufacturer makes about 50.00. subtract the freight from Brazil to Alaska and you've got an 80.00 gun. How good can an 80.00 gun be? OK guys, not counting the really cool deals we've all stolen at one time or another.

I own two stoeger shotguns and can't say enough good about em. I'm all about making the dollar go as far as i can make it.....makes more room for other stuff. I own the p-350 pump......0 malfunctions. I also own a single shot 20 gauge that I've had for 17 years......and this thing shoots slugs very very accurately. The good thing about the gun world is finding the gems like the Stoeger that prove that you don't have to spend a small fortune to own the best gun ur hard earned dollars could afford.

And to you gunbugs.....why do I slay the ducks every year with a shotgun that closes like a vault?? the p-350 aint low quality, it's good quality and operated just like a nova pump. it came with 5 chokes.....i payed a whopping 270 dollars for the smooth....flawless shotgun.....and it came with a nice camo finnish. Take a p-350 apart and check out it's rails, it's extractor, and it's big rotating bolt......far from low quality. Also gunbugs.......why in the heck do I still have the same single shot 20 that I've had since i was a kid?? Stoeger is a working class man's gun. And by the way.....you can get a good rifle in the near $300 range too.....hence the Stevens Model made by Savage. The uplander is a darn good quality shotgun too......would last a kid a lifetime.

Armas Ugartechea is a Spanish (Spain) maker of some very nice guns. Most in the shotgun world just call them Uggies and their old mod.30 is a great bang for the buck. It seams with our global world everyone is haveing others make products for them.

Sorry, my mistake. Ugartecha is Spanish, not Brazilian. Grey matter is starting to leak ot of my head and into my hair. At this point, I would only offer this quote from John Ruskin: "Quality. There is hardly anything in the world that some men cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey."

You can find new Uggies for cheap and used Uggies for five grand,price points covered I would say.

Default Stoeger

I have a stoeger condor over under 12 gauge and it shoots just fine . Its good working mans gun....i use it for upland hunting...

I bought a Stoeger 2000 a few years back. I have had no problems with it even after rolled around the boat a few times. Soom people have had problems with theirs from what I read on the Benelli forum. But mine just keeps eating the shells on after another...BOOM, BOOM, BOOM.

AMH
    Combat Vet by choice! Defender of this great nation and people (Which unfortunately also includes the stupid and the ignorant.)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_R_ZqAiK-e_U0M:<a href=http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/hockey/ARCTICLIONS/Ice_Puppies_Logo_Light_with_shading.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/ho...th_shading.jpg</a>

Support Youth Hockey!
    http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams...Y&s=hockey&t=c

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

Default Have two Stoeger O/U Combo and youth O/U

I have two Stoegers. One full size O/U combo with 20 and 12 barrel sets and one youth model O/U 20. For the money and intended purpose, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

No issues with the full size O/U, as stated previously by others, it is a great utility shotgun. Low cost, acurate, and reliable.

The youth model has had two issues. First it opens very rough and sticks about two-thirds the way open. My son had significant problems opening it by himself when he was nine. He had to brace it over his knee and push the action open. Over the past three years, the action has loosened some through repeated use at the skeet range, and of course he has grown into the gun. The second issue was the rear stock split at the receiver after about two hundred rounds. Not a large split, just a inch long crack at the pistol grip.

If the guns have ejectors you can disconnect them makeing the gun easier to open. The ejectors cock on opening and can have fairly tuff springs.

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

"If the guns have ejectors you can disconnect them makeing the gun easier to open. The ejectors cock on opening and can have fairly tuff springs"

The guns don't eject the shells, they just lift them the length of the brass for easy removal. I would like to take it to a gunsmith who could polish and smoth the opening mechanism parts for a smoother operation.