Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Thread: any room in alaska

  1. #1

    Default any room in alaska

    yall have any room for a guy from north carolina up that way, sure is getting messy down here,

  2. #2
    Member SoggyMountain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bait Station, Alaska 99801
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    yall have any room for a guy from north carolina up that way, sure is getting messy down here,
    Messy in what way?

    As long as you leave the ideas and ideals of your state behind there is plenty of room. If you come here and then try to change it to something you left behind, there is no room.
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

  3. #3
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,600

    Default

    To tell the truth we are very over crowded but if you do come up what Soggy said

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Well said Soggy! I will second that exact thought. I grew up in Oregon, and that is precisely what has "ruined" that state. Over the last 20 years it has seen a tremendous influx of East Coast and California urbanites who moved and/or retired there. Unfortunately, they brought their "thoughts".... eerrr feelings about the way life should be with them. I no longer recognize my former home. I know things are changing in Alaska also, and those who have lived here for many years are well aware of this fact. However, it is changing at a much slower rate here than in some of the former great states out west like Oregon, Colorado, and Montana (for various reasons it seems Wyoming, Idaho, and Utah are still hanging on also). There are some unique aspects of Alaska that give it a chance to hold on to some of its "roots" and traditional values.....hopefully.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Farmville, NC
    Posts
    15

    Default It is getting out of hand

    Eagleclaw, what part of the state are you in? I have lived here all of my life, and love it, but it is getting a little too popular. We are dealing with exactly what Soggy is talking about, "We love it here, we just wish that......." Sad to hear that AK may be going that way too.

  6. #6
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,600

    Default

    Hope it don't happen but just think of the quake of 64 happening today

  7. #7
    Member AKFishOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle River (Home!)
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    Yesterday there were two slots left but they are filled now, all full up here...tell your friends.

  8. #8
    Moderator kingfisherktn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ketchikan, AK
    Posts
    4,076

    Default

    I heard they are stopping all newcomers at the border unless they were going to live in Anchorage or Marshall.

  9. #9
    Member AK Troutbum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chugiak, AK.
    Posts
    1,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Hope it don't happen but just think of the quake of 64 happening today
    One word of advise for people living in Turnagain....Learn to swim.

  10. #10
    Member Hunt&FishAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Valley trash
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    eagleclaw you dont wanna move here.....its cold all the time, lots of snow in the winter and only 4 hours of daylight, youll probly get in a wreck every week because you wouldnt have time to learn to drive "AK Style", we have rolling energy blackouts for weeks at a time with no heat during the coldest part of the year, anchorage gang activity is at its highest and most dangerous rate in 20 years, and alaska is tired of people moving up here for the dividend...if you think north carolina is bad, well, spare us your whining and suck it up. also grizzly maulings are on the rise in the anchorage. if you really want to live here, go live on diomede, st. lawrence or nunivak islands,

  11. #11

    Default Lost our position in gunowership

    I think that it is notable that we lost our place as the state with the highest percentage of gun owners to Wyoming. I think that this is because of cali and Washington immigrants(greenie persuasion) to Los Anchorage. Anchorage used to be a grand ole town but it is slowly becoming a liberal urban center. Hopefully we will continue to attract the young, patriotic guntoting veterans from the different branches of the US military who work to really counter balance this movement.

    We welcome you if you are into guns and hunting but if you are a tree hugger stay where you are.

    Sincerely,
    Thomas

  12. #12

    Default If you know the

    oil/gas ratio for your chainsaw you are allowed in.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

  13. #13
    Member Diesel Nut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, AK
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    eagleclaw you dont wanna move here.....its cold all the time, lots of snow in the winter and only 4 hours of daylight, youll probly get in a wreck every week because you wouldnt have time to learn to drive "AK Style", we have rolling energy blackouts for weeks at a time with no heat during the coldest part of the year, anchorage gang activity is at its highest and most dangerous rate in 20 years, and alaska is tired of people moving up here for the dividend...if you think north carolina is bad, well, spare us your whining and suck it up. also grizzly maulings are on the rise in the anchorage. if you really want to live here, go live on diomede, st. lawrence or nunivak islands,

    You forget to mention there is no indoor plumbing, and only the rich folks have woodstoves in their outhouse.

  14. #14
    Moderator kingfisherktn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ketchikan, AK
    Posts
    4,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Nut View Post
    You forget to mention there is no indoor plumbing, and only the rich folks have woodstoves in their outhouse.
    Some people get outhouses?

  15. #15
    Member Bullwinkle50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Thunderbird Falls
    Posts
    373

    Default Room?

    EagleClaw,

    I ditto Soggy and several others above about leavining ideals there. I left Colorado 4 years ago for the reasons mentioned above. The Californicators moved there in the 90's and then proceeded to turn Colorado into California east. We need more gun toting, freedom loving people in the Anchorage area to offset the people moving up from Seattle and other left coast areas.

    Randy

  16. #16
    Member Mkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    anchorage
    Posts
    748

    Default Still Lonely Svedish Tart

    Dear Mr Man from der land of Carolina. Do you originate from de buutiful land of Sveden, like me, Helga Huuter. In other thread me thought me had a reel Svedish man but he not respond. I live in der lonely village of Tatitlik, where we churn ze moose butter all de day long. Please send picture of churn.
    Old der boyfriend, Sven lost job at der Musk Ox sausage factory. He verk hard all de day long but when he come home he too tired to churn Helga's butter churn (if ya know vot I mean).
    Lookenze forward to heering from ya, ya betcha.
    Helga, lonely Svedish girrl
    My child was inmate of the month at Mat-Su pre-trial Correctional facility.

  17. #17
    Member moses42ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Peters Creek
    Posts
    202

    Default

    I'm on board with everything these guys say. I got stationed here after growing up in Detroit, got out and chose to stay. Though there are plenty of people toting guns there, not many are legal and they all lean WAY LEFT. They can have it, we see how well it's working for them. It takes hard work to become the murder capital/unemployment leading state in the union. Or is it that they don't want to work hard?

    Either way, choose this lifestyle or don't show.

  18. #18

    Smile thanks for the replies

    let me give yall a little southern humor
    HILLBILLY BIRTH

    Deep in the back woods of Letcher County Kentucky, a hillbilly's wife went into labor in the middle of the night, and the doctor was called out to assist in the delivery. Since there was no electricity, the doctor handed the father-to-be a lantern and said, 'Here..




    You hold this high so I can see what I am doing!'

    Soon, a baby boy was brought into the world. 'Whoa there', said the doctor, 'Don't be in such a rush to put that lantern down I think there's another one coming.'

    Sure enough, within minutes he had delivered a baby girl. 'Hold that lantern up, don't set it down there's another one!' Said the doctor.

    Within a few minutes he had delivered a third baby 'No, don't be in a hurry to put down that lantern, it seems there's yet another one coming!' cried the doctor.

    The redneck scratched his head in bewilderment, and asked the doctor, . . . . ..



    'You reckon it might be the light that's attractin' 'em?


    only way i lean is to the right, ain't no snake lines with me, i like my guns, my wife nad kids, just a plain old redneck that is tired of the people in washington trying to take all i have, to the guy in farmville i am in charlotte, about as bad as chaple hill for lefties

  19. #19

    Default politics

    its politics sure has changed our way of life down here, i was born and raised on a cotton farm, worked hard all my life now they are trying to take everything from us because we made it on our own

    Quote Originally Posted by SoggyMountain View Post
    Messy in what way?

    As long as you leave the ideas and ideals of your state behind there is plenty of room. If you come here and then try to change it to something you left behind, there is no room.

  20. #20

    Default no am a mixed breed

    kinda mixed up moma was 1/2 american indian, daddy was german and irish, so you just call me a breed


    Quote Originally Posted by Mkay View Post
    Dear Mr Man from der land of Carolina. Do you originate from de buutiful land of Sveden, like me, Helga Huuter. In other thread me thought me had a reel Svedish man but he not respond. I live in der lonely village of Tatitlik, where we churn ze moose butter all de day long. Please send picture of churn.
    Old der boyfriend, Sven lost job at der Musk Ox sausage factory. He verk hard all de day long but when he come home he too tired to churn Helga's butter churn (if ya know vot I mean).
    Lookenze forward to heering from ya, ya betcha.
    Helga, lonely Svedish girrl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •