Thread: fishing out of Anchorage late Sept.

Default fishing out of Anchorage late Sept.

Is there any good fishing to be had out of Anchorage the third week in Sept. We will be there for a couple of days after a Kotz caribou hunt and was looking for something to do.
    Thanks
    Bruce

I would rent a car and head south to the Upper Kenai river. At that time you'll be able to find good silver salmon and great rainbow trout and dollie varden fishing. That's one of my favorite times of year to fish! You can also drive to Whittier and do some saltwater snagging of silvers. Do some searching through the forums - there were some good threads on these areas a couple of months ago.

-Brian

Default Fishing

Is there any halibut or other salt water fishing at that time?
    Thanks
    Bruce

There are probably a few charters still running in Sept, but I think most have closed shop by then. Check with Saltwater Safaris - I feel like I heard an advertisement this year that they were still running halibut trips in Sept. You also might be able to still find a saltwater silver salmon charter at the point in Seward, though the fishing would probably have slowed down by then.

-Brian

Quote Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
    Is there any halibut or other salt water fishing at that time?
    Thanks
    Bruce

I know a few outfits run into Oct. out of Seward and one or two run all winter as well (mostly chasing kings).

These guys will have ALL the answers you need in regards to Salt Water in Sept.

http://www.thefishhouse.net/

'Luck
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."