Thread: 2010 Moose or Bou Hunt - Looking for Partner

Default 2010 Moose or Bou Hunt - Looking for Partner

Didn't make it to Alaska this year, so starting the process early for next year's hunt! Looking for a partner for a moose or bou hunt in September. I'm a non-resident, so would need to hunt an area open to non-residents. I've hunted out of Dillingham, Iliamna, and Tok in the past, and have been fortunate to harvest a moose, a wolf, and several caribou.

No stranger to packing meat, although I've been fortunate in that my longest moose pack was about 1/2 mile, and longest caribou pack was about 3/4 mile. Am open to different hunt locations and means of transport - if you've always wanted to try 40 Mile Air but haven't been able to secure a slot, I'm a repeat client which makes booking a lot easier.

I dream about this hunt all year long, and don't spend much time whining/complaining - so if you tend toward negativity, we're probably not ideal hunting partners. I'm a meat hunter primarily, but enjoy a nice set of antlers as much as the next guy or gal.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Why not explore your roots. Don't you have plenty of hunt partners there? There are other places to go around there that offer the type of hunting you want. Take a relative.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

md, I sent you a pm, not sure if it went through or not though.

Sent a pm.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

MD it would also help some of the newer members if you gave some of your like and dislikes as to the type of person you are looking to hunt with...

Trust me after 23 days in the field with the same guy this season... tensions wear thin on occasion

and the age old camping question needs to be asked,

if you wake up and your new buddy is nuzzling your ear... would you tell anyone?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post

if you wake up and your new buddy is nuzzling your ear... would you tell anyone?
    Uh, oh! I heard Daniel told on ya.

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    md, I sent you a pm, not sure if it went through or not though.
    Got it AK, as well as the one from Knute and a few others. Thanks for the responses, it will take me a day or so to get back to people.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Uh, oh! I heard Daniel told on ya.

LOL NOT ME>... you'll notice he called Ray....

Sugar Ray....

"If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    MD it would also help some of the newer members if you gave some of your like and dislikes as to the type of person you are looking to hunt with...

Trust me after 23 days in the field with the same guy this season... tensions wear thin on occasion

I hear ya Vince...

Likes: people with positive outlook who relish the experience, and don't forget to appreciate how lucky we are to be hunting Alaska. I generally hunt (or at least glass) all day except during meals, but I don't stress if I don't get out of bed in pitch black and hit the trail at first light - this is also a vacation, and the idea is to relish it, not to set an exacting schedule and stick to it. We're already in a remote location, so it's not like we need to walk a mile to get to good hunting ground - good ground is usually right outside the tent. I'm open to hunting together or individually, as long as we both know where the other would be in general for safety reasons. If my partner shot an animal, I would expect to help with the field dressing and packing; he/she would be welcome to do the same if I shot one, but if we saw an animal while mine was down, I'd send them on their way and hope we had two animals to clean shortly. I don't snore much, it would be awesome to find a partner who didn't shake the tent snoring at night.

Dislikes: people who talk loudly or incessantly in the field. and anyone who doesn't pay much attention to where their gun is pointed; that makes me pretty nervous. People who get down too quickly; some days you don't see any game even in Alaska, that's just a part of it. You're still in a wilderness that d%^n few people get to see, try not to forget that. Some of my family had trouble with alcohol at one point, so I'm not a big drinker on hunts, and might not gel well if that's a big part of the hunt for you - I'm not saying it's wrong, it just brings up past memories I prefer not to contemplate while I'm hunting. I totally understand some people wanting to call home and check in each night, I hope you also understand that I like the remote wilderness feeling, and don't take offense if I happen to stroll off while you're doing your daily call. I've never called anyone from the field, and probably never will; that's just how I roll.

As for the ear nuzzling...that would be a little over the top, the guy might come back from a morning hike to find that camp had mysteriously been moved... I'd leave him his sleeping bag and share of the food tho.

Just want to thank people for their patience as it took me a few days to respond to the PMs I received to date. I have now responded to each of the PMs I received so far; I also included my email address in most of them to keep from limiting out on my PM tags.