Thread: You Get What You Pay For

Default You Get What You Pay For

so we sent a pair of Swarovski 8x42ELs back to them as they were dragged behind a four wheeler, tearing the rubber cover, ripping off the focus knob and doing sundry other damage...they still worked and the customer used them sucessfully on a trophy hunt.

Swarovski got them September 24. We got them back today, 6 days later, completeley rebuilt.

No charge. Not even shipping.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i CAN ONE UP THAT....

years ago i had a pair of expensive TASCO 10x50

rolled the ATV and split the case and i tore them down flushed the mud out wiped the lens off with my t shirt and sealed the crack with JB weld...

i finished my hunt. and sent them to TASCO with and explanation asking if they could be fixed...

they sent me back a brand new pair, of 12x60 and my old pair all cleaned up, saying not to bother with them... all free of charge.

now i know TASCO is not considered a high dollar brand.. but for a young man in his 20's and a pack of new kids to feed it was a LOT them...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Yep Pentax did about the same when I droped a pair of binos and a rock broke out a lens. Sent them in asking if they could be fixed.They said no and sent me a up-dated pair for the cost of shipping.

years ago i had a pair of expensive TASCO 10x50
    Years ago Tasco was a real optics company

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    Years ago Tasco was a real optics company
    I have an oldy but goodie Tasco on my 1970's vintage 243. That 3x9 has been through it all.

I am about to send this old Ruger in to be rebarreled for the third time. All three barrels were shot out whilst this gun was wearing the same Tasco. It is clearer and brighter than any of the Weaver's or Redfields of that era that are still around!

Now that I went and talked about it the crosshairs will prolly fall out of it the next time I shoot it!

I have an oldy but goodie Tasco on my 1970's vintage 243. That 3x9 has been through it all.
    Look where it was made, too

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    so we sent a pair of Swarovski 8x42ELs back to them as they were dragged behind a four wheeler, tearing the rubber cover, ripping off the focus knob and doing sundry other damage...they still worked and the customer used them sucessfully on a trophy hunt.

Swarovski got them September 24. We got them back today, 6 days later, completeley rebuilt.

No charge. Not even shipping.
    Way better than leica my hunting buddies 10x42's was giving him a problem in the focus section of it. The only place in Anchorage at the time that delt with leica sent them out and was over a 400 dollar bill to get them back, unbelievable.
    I can't understand a quality thing like that wasn't free of charge.
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

I'm the customer and Ken forgot to mention they also got burned/melted by the exhaust but you can not tell them from new when they got back today. Next time they will travel in the pelican case on the Mudd-Ox or around my neck. they did work great even with all the damage and we got two nice moose. it is nice when a company does have true customer service both Swarovski and Wild West guns treated me right.

Wildalaska is right, you for the most part get what you pay for - Swarovski is the real deal when it comes to backing up their product and Tasco as Wildalaska use to be a real optic company.

What I meant by saying "you for the most part get what you pay for" is that every once in a while some products actually actually give you better quality than the price suggest, but not often.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Default Leupold too...

I scratched the lenses on my Leupold binoculars (Lost the lens caps and cleaning cloth. Guess I wiped them off too many times with my dirty gloves and shirt.) Anyway, sent them back to Leupold, got them back less than 2 weeks later good as new, free of charge.

I could barely afford the Leupolds. Swarovski is out of the question.