Thread: howdy yall from nouth carolina

Default howdy yall from nouth carolina

yall ever bbq those moose and such yall kill, like we do down here when we kill a deer or wild hog?
    open pit cooked deer and wild hog is hard to beat
    let me know if you would like to know how,
    good rub for your salmon up there is old bay crawfish boil or any fish its good

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    yall ever bbq those moose and such yall kill, like we do down here when we kill a deer or wild hog?
    open pit cooked deer and wild hog is hard to beat
    let me know if you would like to know how,

good rub for your salmon up there is old bay crawfish boil or any fish its good
    Sure, I'd like to know how you do it...

I do BBQ moose ribs and other moose cuts quiet often, sometimes over the campfire. Last few nights it has been down into the low 20's and barely getting above freezing during the heat of the day, and the ground is getting pretty well frozen. Guess that makes open pit cooking in my neck of the woods out of the question anymore this fall.

Grandma Lori
    If God had intended us to follow recipes,
    He wouldn't have given us grandmothers. ~Linda Henley

Default bbq way we do it down south

well i think maybe it is to cold up there now to get outside and slow smoke meat, so i tell you how we do it when it gets cold here(25degrees)
    get you somekind of meat, ribs what ever you have, if it doesn't hve a lot of fat you need to lard it with fat meat, bacon or something like that, but first you gotta have a good rub
    here is a good one for anykind of meat
    its called (holy cow)
    3/4 cup sweet paprika
    1/2 cup of salt without iodine just plain salt
    1/2 cup of course ground black pepper
    1 tablespoon cayenne pepper, makes 1 3/4 cup of rub
    you can put this on any kind of meat even a shoe and it will taste good

now if you fixing some kind of ribs, make sure the ribs are dry and you take the silver skin off , if you don't do that the rub will not go all the way through
    put you a good dusting on both sides don't rub the rub into the meat just let it lay on the meat, the get some plastic wrap and wrap real tight and put into cooler for the day or 24 hours is better
    leave the plastic wrap on and wrap the ribs with tin foil real tight, put in over at 225 degrees cook about 4 1/2 hours then you ready to eat, bet you can't eat just one

we got plenty ways to cook meat down south that yall most likely never though of, sure makes for a change
    try it you will like it
    ec

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Grandma View Post
    Sure, I'd like to know how you do it...

I do BBQ moose ribs and other moose cuts quiet often, sometimes over the campfire. Last few nights it has been down into the low 20's and barely getting above freezing during the heat of the day, and the ground is getting pretty well frozen. Guess that makes open pit cooking in my neck of the woods out of the question anymore this fall.

Grandma Lori

Gramma lori.....

you want a pit dug? it is not to late and you can get one with out asking....

simple timeing will work best.....

wait for that ol bushrat to be reading the Game managment thread.....

then tell him Matin trapper was right.... by the time he gets done stomping and kicking.... and all,

your hole already to go....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Gramma lori.....

then tell him Matin trapper was right.... by the time he gets done stomping and kicking.... and all,

Ha ha, there you go.
    I'd have to figure out a way to disable his "ignore function" first.

Lori
    If God had intended us to follow recipes,
    He wouldn't have given us grandmothers. ~Linda Henley

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Gramma lori.....

Did you forget the new pit next to CotoAK's house.