Thread: alaska west air

Default alaska west air

Looking for feedback on the float hunt packages for moose that alaska west air offers, they offer 3 different packages has anyone done one with them? What did you think of it, were you successful. How was your overall experience. would you recommend? Feel free to PM
    Thanks

Default ????

Not sure if this is the outfit out of Birchwood??? If so look elsewhere!
    Louie

they are out of kenai

Charterboat Operator

Have never hunted with them, but, have done several buisness dealings with them, and a little riding with Doug.
    know several guys that use him, I personally dont think you could go wrong using them. Doug is as hard working, and honest as the day is long.
    good luck
    Greg

Default I used them

I used them to fly to Kalgin Island a few years back. They were great to work with then and I would use them again.

I've used them for a 'bou drop hunt and a moose float. Stand-up operation! No hesitation, I'd go with Doug again *thumbs up*

I know this thread is a year old, however, I just returned from one of their moose hunt packages. Personally, I would never use them again. Doug is a nice enough guy, on a personal note, however, my partner and I had too many issues with this operation as a whole that neither of us will ever use them again.

Doug has a very good operation. My buddy just got back from a moose hunt with them, he had a great time and no problems. For the moose hunt I would go with the super cub. It more money, but he can put you in alot better hunting area. I think it is $1500 + $300 when you shot a moose.