Thread: Hogue Stock

Default Hogue Stock

Hogue stock on my .375 ruger broke at pistol grip. Seems like I read something about these failures some time back. If anyone has had a failure what was the fix. Don't know if I want to put another Hogue on gun. Has only been fire maybe 30 times.

Ruger sent me a stock for mine outright- replaced them on all the original guns, broken or not. Apparently there was an issue with some of the first ones and they replaced it with an improved version. Not sure what the actual difference was though.

Bottom line is I'd call Ruger and ask for a stock to ship out, they are aware of the problem and have shipped stocks to everyone in the past.

I have seen some McMillian replacements and they look great on these rifles but they're $$$ and time.

I had a .375 Ruger and got the replacement stock. I looked at both and couldn't tell the difference between the original and the improved ones. I know Ruger kept track of the serial numbers of the guns they sent replacements for and could probably let you know if yours had been replaced.
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
    Hogue stock on my .375 ruger broke at pistol grip. Seems like I read something about these failures some time back. If anyone has had a failure what was the fix. Don't know if I want to put another Hogue on gun. Has only been fire maybe 30 times.
    I have an Alaskan. I called Houge when I received my rifle and they said my serial number was not affected. The girl on the phone said if it would have been they would send a new stock. They would also credit it's price towards an upgraded full length aluminum bedded version if you choose to go that route.