Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Paying for ATV refurbish/restore?

  1. #1

    Default Paying for ATV refurbish/restore?

    How many people out there do you think would pay to have someone rebuild their older ATV/ATC to like new condition? Not always factory correct but just the way they want it? Favortie old quad that got wore out or an older three wheeler they want to return to their youth on?

    In some cases I can see the cost of parts and labor being more than the consumer market value. And many up here I'm sure would like to do it themselves. But do you think anyone would be willing to pay for this service?

  2. #2

    Thumbs down

    I would think it would be about the same number of those that would want to restore their worn out snowblower. I never consider a tool or utility vehicle to be a collectable item. Piece them back together good enough for another season, perhaps. Restoration? Nope
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NoPo
    Posts
    60

    Default

    No one up heres really into the old legends like 250r's, tecate's and zillas, and the few of us who are wouldn't want to pay someone else to restore it... thats half the fun.


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    North Pole Alaska
    Posts
    166

    Default Sorry

    i agree with northpoleguy, the people that like the clasics like to do the work themselves. nothing like riding an old bike that you rebuilt and you can explain the project to people. I helped a guy rebuild an old 250r and that first ride was nice. I didn't know that many people refurbish snowblowers or akres owns polaris i consider them disposable too. the last comment was just a joke please don't devistate me with angry words.

  5. #5
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    Yep, I will ride them till I can get a newer mo-better rig and then pass them on down to the kids, thats what My dad did and after I was done with them they were sold off for pennies on the dollar, usually as a "project" rig.

    The old 250R's quadzilla's, quadracers, and some of the 3 wheelers will pull a decent sale price but never near what you actually put into it for the restoration!

    If you wan't to do that type of work you are better off modifying new rigs or just doing the old ones for fun

  6. #6

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    I didn't know that many people refurbish snowblowers or akres owns polaris i consider them disposable too. the last comment was just a joke please don't devistate me with angry words.
    After more than a dozen Honda's and one Polaris, I have only disposed of one.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    3,568

    Default

    Not me, always like trying new things and love going the new and improved (hoepfully) route.
    Tennessee

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •