Thread: Looking for a decent inflatable kayak...

Question Looking for a decent inflatable kayak...

Suggestions? I am upgrading from a Stearns 2 person inflatable I bought from Dunham Sports for $70 and it served me well over the summer but want something that will track better (that one fishtailed alot) and a bit heavier duty. I really like the portability and stowage options with inflatables. Looking really for only a one person inflatable kayak this time. Also looking not to break the bank. Thanks!

Most one person inflatable kayaks are designed for whitewater, and so quick turning is desired over tracking. To increase tracking you could add a keel, or rudder, or increase the length.

Aire has a long sea kayak, and they, as do others, have several two place kayaks that work well with one person in them. Also, the Aire Super Lynx is even longer, and tracks better due to it's design.

None of these are inexpensive.

I ended up buying a Coleman Fastback for $108 new on E-bay. Took it out today and it's awesome! Great product! I see it online up to $325 though....

Have a look at this inflatable kayak comparison chart listing kayaks under $1000 http://www.allinflatableboats.net/in...n-chart-1.html You should be able to find a suitable model that won't break the bank!