Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Quick sample of an online dipnet certification test

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,031

    Arrow Quick sample of an online dipnet certification test

    Here's a quick and dirty example of the beginnings of a test that could be used to certify dipnetters as "responsible" before they can be issued a dipnet permit - just as is done for hunting licenses:

    http://www.bin95.com/Employee-Traini...ation_test.php

    I don't represent this to be complete, or even sufficient. I just threw it together to show that this type of stuff is easy to do, and would not require much investment on anyone's part to put in place.

    Hunter safety/ed courses have proven their worth and I know of no one that disputes their value overall to the sport. This same solution might cheaply solve some problems that our dipnetting activity does suffer from today.

    This test is designed to be easy; it is designed that all will pass - just like what is done in hunter ed classes and tests. (So, no crowing from experienced dipnetters that you got 100% right - You were expected to! )

  2. #2
    Member thewhop2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,366

    Default Dude, way to go

    Your test is great. Thanks for your imput. Will need your expertise once fish and game signs on. Good job

  3. #3
    Member AKArcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    ANC
    Posts
    688

    Default Kudos

    Good Job Family Man...

    Now to get the state to do this we will need an additional $5.00 added to the non-resident fishing permits to fund the website/design and 3 years worth of meetings to determine what questions should be asked....
    When all else fails...ask your old-man.


    AKArcher

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,031

    Thumbs up OK, but where from here?

    Quote Originally Posted by AKArcher View Post
    Good Job Family Man...
    Now to get the state to do this we will need an additional $5.00 added to the non-resident fishing permits to fund the website/design
    Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Your test is great. Thanks for your imput. Will need your expertise once fish and game signs on. Good job
    Archer, sure, I'll do the job for that... $5 per AK dipnetter will let me buy a few more outdoor toys!

    Whop, np on the input; I'm trying to help us all keep dipnetting alive - I do worry that if we aren't proactive it might be endangered. But while I do have some Internet construction skills developed in the last 1.5+ decades, what you saw there involved no real expertise... just a quick and dirty job done earlier today, very quickly, while my stomach was growling before dinner.

    I was motivated to do this merely to de-fuse the possible argument that "this is too hard...", but now that I've put more thinking into it, I'm now wondering if we should work together, here on this forum, to actually develop the real certification test that we'd believe would best help our sport. For example, the one real obvious question I neglected to ask in the test I did would involve what the best course of action is when a dipnetter sees another that is breaking the law.

    Any interest in this?

    If so, I'll volunteer to implement the input back into this same online test. And if not, I still volunteer to build a turnkey system ready for F&G to deploy to all Alaskans for the 5 bucks a head that Archer suggests... (<--- me, doing the happy dance)

  5. #5
    Member AKArcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    ANC
    Posts
    688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    If so, I'll volunteer to implement the input back into this same online test. And if not, I still volunteer to build a turnkey system ready for F&G to deploy to all Alaskans for the 5 bucks a head that Archer suggests... (<--- me, doing the happy dance)
    Very smooth FamilyMan. I think the suggestion was to fund the states efforts...unless you want to do a 60/40 split. I will continue to give you kudos and any input you may want or need on the site.
    When all else fails...ask your old-man.


    AKArcher

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,031

    Post Dipnet Education proposal

    The quickee Dipnet Ed. test I put online has been removed; sorry. That's what I get for using someone else's server/services; they have that right.

    I'm working on a proposal to BOF, proposing the implementation of Dipnet Ed., to be done in quite a similar fashion to today's Hunter Ed., Muzzleloader Ed., and Bowhunter Ed.

    If anyone has any ideas for what should or shouldn't happen with this proposal, I'm all ears.

    But, the deadline is soon. So speak now or forever (i.e., until next year) hold your peace. (yes, "peace". Not "piece". )


    Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Here's a quick and dirty example of the beginnings of a test that could be used to certify dipnetters as "responsible" before they can be issued a dipnet permit - just as is done for hunting licenses:

    http://www.bin95.com/Employee-Traini...ation_test.php

    I don't represent this to be complete, or even sufficient. I just threw it together to show that this type of stuff is easy to do, and would not require much investment on anyone's part to put in place.

    Hunter safety/ed courses have proven their worth and I know of no one that disputes their value overall to the sport. This same solution might cheaply solve some problems that our dipnetting activity does suffer from today.

    This test is designed to be easy; it is designed that all will pass - just like what is done in hunter ed classes and tests. (So, no crowing from experienced dipnetters that you got 100% right - You were expected to! )

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •