Thread: Archery Blackie

Default Archery Blackie

Well after watching the seahawks loose to the bears i decided to try and take the stick and string to either a black bear, brown bear, or moose in an archery only. I rode my bike in 6 miles climbed 2000' in elevation and started galssing above timberline hoping for a brown bear. It was getting close to dark with an hour left and i looked across the lake in the bottom and saw a little black dot. I glassed and saw a black bear swimming across the lake. I take off like a bat outa hell down the mountain reach my bike and start bik'n towards the bear. After a few miles i caught up to the bear and saw it swimming about 60 yards or so off shore as i got a quick picture with the camera. The bear skirted the bank about 100 yards before she decided she wanted to get out. She presented a perfect 30 yards broadside and piled up 60 yards from the shot. Even though the seahawks lost at least i got to take out one bear!

Nicely done! That's very cool that you got one coming out from a swim. Very unique hunting experience.

Thumbs up

nice job! gonna look real nice on the wall
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

Thats funny. Being a bear fan I decided to go out and do some dumpster duck hunting and..........well I'm just kidding, but I am a Bears fan.

Thats a real neat story there, from the bike to the swimming bear. Congrats.

Thumbs up

Good job on your blackie success! Pretty cool hunting experience catching one on a swim and the use of a bike, don't recall ever hearing of that combination before!

Talking Nessie was a black bear!?

Nice job, great story. Now fill that griz tag.

Smile

I was after the Griz but they didnt want to meet bowtech, gold tip, or MR slick Trick. but i sure wasnt going to pass up the blackie

Thumbs up Sweet fall harvest!

Nicely done, spot and stalk archery blackbear. That's a pretty good accomplishment - not repeated by many. Great hide too!

Quote Originally Posted by Cast&Blast View Post
    Nicely done, spot and stalk archery blackbear. That's a pretty good accomplishment - not repeated by many. Great hide too!
    Great job but it was a bike, spot, stalk, bike a little more, spot one more time then stalk..

Great story, I took a few animals in similar situations although I wouldn't have been able to bike back in 6 miles.. They would have found my body about 300 yards off the road

I didn't see the measurements. How big is she?

Very nice, congratulation on that beautiful bear. The hide is supreme, sounds like an awesome hunt.

Smile

5 1/2' with a real good hide on her. I'm pretty tickled with the bear using stick & string. I only hope i can dupliacte with a brownie with the bow, cross your fingers and wish me luck. thanks for all the post, good luck to all!

Default Bear

I saw a bear carcass laying few a yds off the trail about 2.5 miles in this morning while riding my bike.....was that this bear?

Smile

You got it! that was the one. I was hoping to a double since i drew the griz tag too but went back and the carcass was completly gone.

PM sent...