AK local gear shops
Thought I would put up a thread for people to put the name and location of their favorite local gear shops.
One stop for top notch...
buy-it-once, (probably) pay-more-but-be-done, gear that will haul your load, keep you dry, do the job without wearin you out...
1. Barney's Sports Chalet
2. Alaska Mountaineering & Hiking
3. McAfees vs Wideworld for fly gear
Gear: Barney's Sports Chalet
Guns/Ammo/Reloading: Great Northern Guns
Barneys,Boondock,boot Country, and that guy on old seward, that sells those Awesome sleeping bags, hehehe.................
Some of my favorites are:
Alaska Custom Firearms
Archers Den (When he re-opens)
Blue Moose Rafting
Archery: Paul at Archers den, Bill at backcountry
Guns: Wild West, Boondocks
Snowboarding gear: Jay at Northernboarder, Zak and Bobby at Zaks board room
Snowmachining: Anyone at Go Pro, Nick O at AMDS.
Originally Posted by Snyd
Not local, but with three kids that are always growing out of outdoor gear, it's tough to beat Sierra Trading Post.
In no particular order..
1. Apocalypse Design- http://www.akgear.com/
2. Blue Moose Rafting- www.bluemooserafting.com
3. hot licks ice cream- http://www.hotlicks.net
( i know its not gear but its good)
4. Glacier brewhouse- www.glacierbrewhouse.com
5. Moose's Tooth- www.moosestooth.net
6. Alaska Fly Shop- http://www.fairbanksfly.com/
3) Mountain View Sports (great for fishing stuff)
5) B&Js (again, better for fishing stuff)
6) Alaska Custom Firearms
7) Great Northern Guns
1286) AMH (got turned off this year by their political banter)