Thread: Ingram Creek to Seattle Creek

Default Ingram Creek to Seattle Creek

I've heard about people running from Ingram Creek at low tide up to Seattle Creek. Anyone made the trip and have any suggestions about sticky spots, gullies etc.... Would be appreciated. Not planning on mining, just camping, exploring...

Default I did it once

with a coot many years agao. We had Terra tires on it so there was tons of flotaiton. It was a bit spooky as while we were moving forward we created a wave of muddy silt about 6" to 12" tall. Very soft and unstable. I would be cautioous if you stopped or broke down. I think you would sloowly sink down and down. We did cary a 4' x 4' sheet of plywood incase somethign happend.
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

Default Sinky

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Kings View Post
    with a coot many years agao. We had Terra tires on it so there was tons of flotaiton. It was a bit spooky as while we were moving forward we created a wave of muddy silt about 6" to 12" tall. Very soft and unstable. I would be cautioous if you stopped or broke down. I think you would sloowly sink down and down. We did cary a 4' x 4' sheet of plywood incase somethign happend.
    A lady died there at Ingram Creek some years ago. They couldn't get her out.

She was on her way to Seattle Creek on a four wheeler when it got stuck. I have a friend that got his wheeler stuck there a few years ago and had to get it out next low tide. He did get it though. I have hiked it a couple times. That's less stress for me.

I have walked it, and can not cross Seattle Creek, to Six-mile creek (Home)..................

I did it with a group a few years ago. It was a pretty simple process. You wait for low tide, and do not cross any creeks or guts unless you go all the way back to the beach. All the soft stuff is in the sides of all those pesky little guts. Stay out of them, and you should be ok. There can also be some other soft areas, but keep your speed up when it starts getting soft and don't go out too far.