Thread: Eagle River Knife Co

Eagle River

Default Eagle River Knife Co

Has anyone ever used one of the hunting knives made by the Eagle River Knife Co for skinning? I would like to know what you think of their hunting knives. Whether they will hold a blade, how well they hold up and basically how well they function for skinning. Any information would be useful. Thanks.

Delta Jct

Thumbs up Eagle River Knife Co.

I have used their paring & slicer knives for years in the field (not the kitchen), and I really like them! I've used them on several bison & a few moose over the years with no trouble. You would be doing yourself a favor to add one or more to your hunting gear. They keep a nice edge and have good flex. I've never been a big fan of a long blade, so the slicer & paring knife work great for me. I haven't tried the "hunting knife" but sure it's just as good. Try it - you'll like it"

Default nice sharpener

I have not used any of their knives. But I have used their Redi-edge Ulu and knife sharpener. It works well and I recommend it to sportsmen for carrying in the field. Works great on fillet knives, paring knives, etc.

North Pole

Thumbs up Knives

I do not know about there hunting knives but I own one of their Fillet knives it works great.

I don't really have any experience with their knives per se, but I had a kind of wierd experience with them. I have an older Army issue Kabar, probably early 80's got a nice length to it, anyways, I was looking to get it professionally sharpened, so I called them up, and they said they will not sharpen knives that are not bought there. This seemed really wierd to me, they said something about not knowing the degree of the angle of the edge of the blade. I'm not a big knife buff, so I don't really know if this is a common occurence with knife shops, hell, I was just looking to get my knife sharpened. Not to steal the thread, but does anyone know of a good place to take my knife that won't charge me an arm and a leg to get it sharpened?

Delta Junction AK

Northern Knives downtown- they'll sharpen anything and they are nice folks too.

I have alot of fillet knifes. The ERKC one is my favorite though. Unfortunetly, it is also my deck hands favorite as well.
    "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft