Thread: Gravlax anyone? Or was that gravlox?

Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Question Gravlax anyone? Or was that gravlox?

O.K. I found a salmon recipe book and decided to try something that I'd never even heard of, let alone tasted. Tequila Gravlax. The problem I have is that the recipe says that the flesh should be "firm" after three days of curing under weights. I would not describe the flesh as firm. I tasted it, and it tastes and smells fine. My wife won't taste it, she says we can't afford to have both of us is living in the bathroom. So now I'm playing a waiting game in that respect.

Does anyone have any experience with gravlax?

Is this something I should expect?

Should I keep it under weight?

Should I keep it?

Does anyone want to try it?

Of course, if I wind up on the toilet for hours, none of this matters. I just don't want to waste it. Any help is appreciated.

Thumbs up Love to

I'd love to try it. I have wanted to make gravlox but haven't yet.

Quite likely I live a couple miles from ya (ER, not far from Gruening); PM me if you're serious about sharing a taste; I'll bring a couple of cold ones.

Gravlax is very good but will not keep very well 1-2weeks (4 weeks top).

Default Lox

I vacuum bag and freeze mine keeps just fine. Great for breakfast in scrambled eggs!
    I swore an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. That oath had no expiration date Congress must use a different version that does.