Thread: Rabbits

Default Rabbits

Drove by the place i hunt rabbits on the way home from moose hunting and oh man its going to be fun this year. Probably saw at least 25 sitting right next to the road and you could see them running around in the bushes..their white feet sure do give them away.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskankid13 View Post
    Drove by the place i hunt rabbits on the way home from moose hunting and oh man its going to be fun this year. Probably saw at least 25 sitting right next to the road and you could see them running around in the bushes..their white feet sure do give them away.

yumm! what is the location?
    Semper Fi!

I guess I am going to need to drive north to look for them. We kicked the bushes for a few hours today and didn't so much as see one single bouncing tail. They may be there but without a good heavy snow to push down the grass.

There are lots of them in the Fairbanks North Star Borough. I walked up to within 5 ft of one last night while I was out grousing.

Jeremiah

Well I am withing at least 200 miles of anchorage

Default hey...

I know the spot well. And you are right, it is within 200 miles of Anchorage!!!!

still under 120 miles away

Kick the bushes around Cold Regions Test Center just outside Delta Junction. Took the dogs and wife out for a walk Sunday evening. So many the dogs got overwhelmed and did not know which way to trun. Grabbed the wrong gun on the way out (.44 too much $$ to pop bunnies with).

Quote Originally Posted by BDES4 View Post
    Kick the bushes around Cold Regions Test Center just outside Delta Junction. Took the dogs and wife out for a walk Sunday evening. So many the dogs got overwhelmed and did not know which way to trun. Grabbed the wrong gun on the way out (.44 too much $$ to pop bunnies with).
    My 44 saw extensive use on rabbits when hunting moose around Delta last October. Ahhh, the benefits of reloading. I actually couldn't believe how many rabbits I saw in some areas up there.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

they were thick at denali just on the road that we were having to go 5mph to avoid running them over.. ima talking THICK! this was at sunset
    Semper Fi!

well since its right next to the highway they seem to stay off the road some but there were still about 5 road kill ones

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    they were thick at denali just on the road that we were having to go 5mph to avoid running them over.. ima talking THICK! this was at sunset
    Are you talking about the Denali Highway itself? And just recently? Thanks.

lots of bunnies in my usual spot as well. I have been shooting grouse for the past couple weeks waiting for the leaves to start falling. I am tired of waiting and am going out tomorrow morning. I'll post pics when I return(if I shoot rabbits)
    "A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine." Marley and Me

Default Stop it!

you jerks are gettin me all worked up here! i guess IM gonna have to go bird n bunny huntin too this weekend thanks alot!