Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mounting a Truck Camper on a trailer...

EXCELLENT!! I may be in touch to pick your brain.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Call anytime Snyd, I'd be happy to chat with ya!
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Anyone ever done this? Put a camper on say a car hauler trailer and then be able to haul a 4 wheeler and other junk up front? If you have, got any pics? How big and heavy of a camper/trailer, what about tongue weight? I have a full size chevy conversion van that we have used for camping and we really like it. I had the T400 tranny redone a couple years back, put 3.73 gears in the rear end and just replaced the tired 305 with a fairly strong 350. We are shopping for a travel trailer or maybe a camper on a trailer. I don't want a typical toy hauler, too big and I don't like the idea of hauling a muddy stinky atv in the middle of my living space down the road. If we get a travel trailer then the atv will have to stay at home when we use it. So, I'm scheming.
    If I were you I would get a flatbed with a 10' non cabover alaskan truck camper or even a cabover one on a slightly built up frame so that the quad can go under the cabover part.

I have considered doing it but I want to use a 1ton Truck Utility bed and put the Alaskan in it

Quote Originally Posted by CumminsAndRemington View Post
    If I were you I would get a flatbed with a 10' non cabover alaskan truck camper or even a cabover one on a slightly built up frame so that the quad can go under the cabover part.

I have considered doing it but I want to use a 1ton Truck Utility bed and put the Alaskan in it
    I tried to get a flatbed with a 10' non cabover alaskan truck camper. I think it is good and efficient. I really enjoy to travel with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CumminsAndRemington View Post
    If I were you I would get a flatbed with a 10' non cabover alaskan truck arizona rv rentals or even a cabover one on a slightly built up frame so that the quad can go under the cabover part.

nope did it work?

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

another option, and one that I would seriously consider knowing what I now know, would be to buy a 8 foot pop-up camper, remove the frame and mounit it sideways ontop of a 25 foot deck-over triple axle trailer. Once the camper is open and folded out you will have more room than you would with a truck camper, and if you are like me and do all of your camping spring thru fall then you dont need the minimal insulation provided by a truck camper anyway. with this set up, you would have room for the camper and 4 ATV's...... and with an overall length of about 30 feet, you can still get it into most places.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Default hi from canada

hi i read your saga on mounting your camper on trailer
    i am the process of doing the same thing
    so let me ask how did it turn out and any advice not listed here from your personal experience

inuvikian@yahoo.ca

[IMG]C:\Users\Kickass\Pictures\tramper[/IMG] We just finished doing up a camper on a trailer...it has a meat locker under the cab over with a coolbot set up to keep it cool.

finally figured out how to post a url photo...The camper is a 1987 so we redid the inside to make it more inviting

Nice setup!
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Sweet unit!!!!
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12