Thread: pws/naked island deer

Default pws/naked island deer

I've searched and all I've seen is jokes about naked women, which is fine, but I was wondering if anyone has info on the deer population on naked island. Wife wants to go hunting for the first time and thought a deer hunt would be a good one to ease her into it. My boat doesn't have the range to get to montague or knight I don't think but thought I could manage naked. Or if anyone knows better spots closer, that would be cool... Any help would be appreciated.

Default Sure Naked does

Sure, there are deer on most of the Islands, saw a deer swimming past Lone or going to it ? I have seen tracks in Shotgun cove, Perry, Esther and even closer to Whittier. Can't say I ever saw tracks on Culross not sure why other than I'm in a wrong spot.
    Very small numbers on them but some. I'm going out the 4th all I want is one.

Default Passage Canal

We got two nice bucks within sight of Whittier last year. One was the biggest we have ever taken from the Sound.

2 mi east of 'Halfmoon creek"

Empty handed at Naked island 4 yrs ago, 5 days, fresh tracks every day, but no connecting. 1 nice old shed, and a soggy hat.
    Caught 2 90+ halibut, and a dozen or so 'chickens', from our 48 ft camp though.

Valley trash

ester, perry, culross, pretty much every island has deer on it in the sound, but pretty little compared to kodiak deer

I hunted Naked island about 6 years ago for deer. They were way up high in the pass. Saw 2 and got 1. Weather was rainy and foggy or probably could have done better.
    "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft

hey, thanks for the info. I think I'll probably go and poke around the nearby bays and islands and ditch the naked idea. Thanks again.