Thread: Unguided Sheep Hunts

Default Unguided Sheep Hunts

Anyone out there have a recommendation on who to use for an unguided Dall Sheep hunt? I see tons of unguided ads but mostly just for bear/moose/caribou etc. I am looking to do a hunt next season but was wandering if anyone here had used one for sheep and if it was a good experience overall (successful or not doesn't matter). Thanks!

Default Unguided sheep hunts???

Going on the assumption you are a resident and want to fly in somewhere for a DIY, my advise would be to find an area you like, do some research and find some of the Air Taxi's that are close by and know the area then start making calls. An example would be Wright Air out of Fairbanks. I believe they service a fairly large area.

Most of the Air Taxi's get booked early. I would call before the end of the year if I were you.

Good luck!

On the opposite side assuming you are not a resident then you will be disappointed to learn that it is not legal to hunt sheep, goats, or brown bear without a guide.

Yep I am a resident. Just down in Alabama right now for flight school which wraps up in a month. Hopefully back on my way to Wainwright. Trying to find something for next fall. Thanks for the inputs!

Sapper in The Skies