Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: A couple from numerous this week

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,083

    Default A couple from numerous this week

    It has been snowing during the evenings, and then most of it melts during the day. It has been quite cloudy, but still pretty as winter approaches.



  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,083

    Default




  3. #3
    Member tull777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    825

    Default

    Really nice work, Ray!

    I'm just sorry we could not make it up there for the Fall colors. Was hoping to on our Valdez trip but couldn't squeeze it in.
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

    http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/


    "If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tull777 View Post
    Really nice work, Ray!

    I'm just sorry we could not make it up there for the Fall colors. Was hoping to on our Valdez trip but couldn't squeeze it in.
    The colors are amazing in that area, specially by mid September. Most of the leaves have now fallen. It's also pretty nice on the Richardson-as one approaches Summit Lake from Delta Junction-the first week of September.

  5. #5
    Moderator hunt_ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wasilla--Cantwell Transplant
    Posts
    4,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RayfromAK View Post
    For some reason, this picture reminds me of growing up in Cantwell. I dont know why, but it brings back some good memories....

  6. #6
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    nice colors Ray, i was just commenting to the wife how nice the snow looked in the fall colors.....

    Hunt... take note of those fall colors we were discussing


    to bad i broke my third camera in three years out hunting. i realy need one with a tough screen
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  7. #7
    Moderator hunt_ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wasilla--Cantwell Transplant
    Posts
    4,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Hunt... take note of those fall colors we were discussing
    I'm seeing lots of greens, yellow, light browns, some whites...

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    By mid September in the interior, there are a lot of yellow, rust, red, orange, and white from the birch trunks and branches. The vegetation changes to a beautiful shades of colors. That also happens around the Denali Park as you can see in a photo of a moose Tull777 posted before (the one where the moose is in the foreground, and two photographers are in the background.

    Ray

  9. #9
    Member tull777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    825

    Default :O )

    Couldn't resist!!!




    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

    http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/


    "If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tull777 View Post
    Couldn't resist!!!




    There you go! That's the one I was talking about.

    Thanks, Tull777

  11. #11
    Member tull777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    825

    Default

    I see the humor in this picture, but it still gives me an uneasy feeling looking at these two photographers so vulnerable.

    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

    http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/


    "If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

  12. #12
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tull777 View Post
    I see the humor in this picture, but it still gives me an uneasy feeling looking at these two photographers so vulnerable.


    you know Tull. it is not that bad...


    I call a LOT of moose to me...

    i watched a guy shoot one last year... here is the kicked..

    he grunted and called all the way in to this guy...


    he never saw the smaller bull about to rape him ... literally 5 foot off his back side.

    until her turned around. the bull looked at him and strolled off.

    all my bulls come charging in.. and when they find there is nothing there to lick, pee on , or does not have head gear... the turn and leave.

    NOW those... COWS are a different story...


    nothing like a women scorned type of deal me thinks.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  13. #13
    Member tull777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    you know Tull. it is not that bad...


    I call a LOT of moose to me...

    i watched a guy shoot one last year... here is the kicked..

    he grunted and called all the way in to this guy...


    he never saw the smaller bull about to rape him ... literally 5 foot off his back side.

    until her turned around. the bull looked at him and strolled off.

    all my bulls come charging in.. and when they find there is nothing there to lick, pee on , or does not have head gear... the turn and leave.

    NOW those... COWS are a different story...


    nothing like a women scorned type of deal me thinks.
    That's great to know! I have not had a lot of experience with moose here in Alaska, but now that you mentioned it, I have noticed that the bulls seem perty laid back where as the cows always seem to want to stomp a mud hole in my back side ...that's if I am to close.

    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

    http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/


    "If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Tull777,

    Did you order your 7D already?

  15. #15
    Member tull777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    825

    Default

    7D?

    I didn't know that there was such an animal!!!

    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

    http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/


    "If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

  16. #16
    Member tull777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    825

    Default

    YIKES!!!

    I just checked it out ...

    http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...&modelid=19356

    Wowzer!

    I want I want I need I need!!!!!!!!!!

    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

    http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/


    "If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

  17. #17

    Default

    Nice work. I liked your second photo so well that it is now my wallpaper on my screen.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by klickitat View Post
    Nice work. I liked your second photo so well that it is now my wallpaper on my screen.
    Glad you liked it.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tull777 View Post
    YIKES!!!

    I just checked it out ...

    http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...&modelid=19356

    Wowzer!

    I want I want I need I need!!!!!!!!!!

    Would be a good idea for the lenses we use. I have seriously thought about a 5D II (full frame), but the 7D packs quite a punch in relation to features and speed.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •