Thread: Fiberglass/Gelcoat repair

Default Fiberglass/Gelcoat repair

I want to get some scratches in my gelcoat repaired and remember I saw a thread once where someone had gotten some scratches repaired at a shop (I want to say in the valley) and they did a great job and were not terribly expensive. Does anyone remember the name of the shop?

Thanks!

dan

Default This what your looking for?

Found this on an older post;

"After three years of learning how to handle the the boat and going through teen age years with my son and his buddies, the Osprey I had developed nicks and dings and harbor rash in the gelcoat. A trip to CAC plastics in Wasilla this spring and they fixed the eight dings and now she looks showroom new again all for 757.00 bucks. You can make the older glass boat look showroom new if you choose.

As for the boats on Craigslist they both have with stainless steel props I would go with the 5.7. Also having a good kicker gives you an option to get back to harbor, slowly, if the main engine should fail."

Default Thanks!

Perfect, appreciate it!

For some reason I was completely unable to locate this post again.. /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Sound Fisher View Post
    Found this on an older post;
    A trip to CAC plastics in Wasilla

They are nice folks to deal with also. I bought quite a bit of UHMW and fiberglass cloth from them when I was building our boat. They have moved to the street right below the movie theatre in Wasilla.

Default 2003 Osprey 26 LC & CAC plastics

I had acumulated about 7 or 8 dings/harbor rash hull situations and CAC did a terrific job and the repair was about 800 bucks ... she looks like new. Just be paitent I went in the spring and there is too much work to do so deadlines/time estimates slipped a bit but the result was worth it. Sometimes good work is worth the wait ...

Default DIY

It really isn't hard to do.

Try this company for the material. You tell them the make and year of your boat and they send you the exact same color.

www.spectrumcolor.com

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AKBassking View Post
    It really isn't hard to do.

Try this company for the material. You tell them the make and year of your boat and they send you the exact same color.

www.spectrumcolor.com
    This is a good place for gelcoat, but remember that the color they send you will be the color of the gelcoat as it was when the boat was new. If a boat's gelcoat has faded, then the color will not be an exact match.