Thread: COLT 1911 answers requested

Default COLT 1911 answers requested

I have a few 1911s and this is my 1st Colt. I want to grab another magazine for it because I think 3 were issued with this edition and I have only 2. Question one, is there any signafigance with the M marking on the base as in he picture? The second Question is, this is a LW frame and I was wondering if by any chance COLT used steel inserts for the ramp? It is an Officer slide on a LW Commander frame to refrence the magazine question.
    I have included a couple of pictures only because I have asked some buddies face to face and they have never heard of this edition and were interested.
    Thanks and Enjoy.

That is a standard Colt mfg. magazine, commonly available at a well stocked gun shop or on line. To the best of my knowledge, Colt has not manufactured any aluminum alloy frames with steel feed ramp inserts, although there may be variants with ramped barrels.

Default Thanks gunbugs

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    That is a standard Colt mfg. magazine, commonly available at a well stocked gun shop or on line. To the best of my knowledge, Colt has not manufactured any aluminum alloy frames with steel feed ramp inserts, although there may be variants with ramped barrels.
    Thanks for the help gunbugs.
    -CM

I've had a few of the officer slide on comander frames guns.None liked most hollowpoint ammo but all shot ball well. i would suggest you change out your recoil spring every 500 rounds to stay away from frame battering.Fun little guns and they carry nice.