Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Meadow Creek?

  1. #1
    Member BRWNBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Big Lake
    Posts
    8,438

    Default Meadow Creek?

    anyone wet a line in meadow creek, flows into the north shore of big lake? i see salmon in there when i drive by but was curious about dollies or trout up in there after the spawners...?
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

  2. #2

    Wink

    A while back, a family member brought back a five gallon bucket of Grayfish (mudbugs) from there, right by the fireworks stands. We boiled them up and they tasted better than the ones we have bought in Anchorage. They dipped them with a dipnet.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  3. #3
    Member tjm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    i used to fish it off and on as a kid and there were indeed some pretty big dollies in there...I'm sure they were chasing the salmon up from the lake...it wasn't uncommon to catch one larger than the silvers in there.....but all this was 20 years ago....
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

  4. #4
    Member BRWNBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Big Lake
    Posts
    8,438

    Default

    mudbug..never heard of those? interesting.
    thanks guys
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

  5. #5

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    mudbug..never heard of those? interesting.
    thanks guys
    I hadn't either. But thinking back it might have been Crawdad/Crawfish. Good eating anyway. They didn't have a lot of meat on them and you have to have a plateful to make a mess.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  6. #6
    Member BRWNBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Big Lake
    Posts
    8,438

    Default

    geez now i'm all confused! lol we have crawdads up here??
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

  7. #7
    Member Lake creek fishermen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Skwentna, AK
    Posts
    854

    Default

    How do you get to meadow creek? Ill go there and give you a status report with my good old ESL abd flesh flys

  8. #8
    Member BRWNBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Big Lake
    Posts
    8,438

    Default

    lol big lake road right off the parks, it runs right under the road...might wanna just get in the water and start walkin' down stream till you find salmon...
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

  9. #9
    Member Lake creek fishermen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Skwentna, AK
    Posts
    854

    Default

    okay dokey lol i might just walk to the mouth too

  10. #10
    Member BRWNBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Big Lake
    Posts
    8,438

    Default

    lol do it and let me know how it goes
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

  11. #11
    Member big_dog60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    between wasilla and palmer
    Posts
    1,061

    Default

    I have fished that creek lots. There are a lot of good trout in there especially the part from the hatchery down. The upper part gets a lot of fish but most are under 20 inches. I fished the upper creek a lot for at least 10 years and never caught a 20 inch fish.

    They all seem to get kind scarce around this time of year.
    You might be able to get some nice ones still, but I suspect it will be slow.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •