Thread: Has economy lowered used gun values???

Default Has economy lowered used gun values???

I have been looking at used Sako AV's on Gunbroker the last month and it appears to me that SELLING prices are down an average of 20% from a year ago. I have seen several rifles sell in the last two months for $800 range that would have brought $1000 a year ago.

Has anyone else noticed this with other brands/models of used rifles?

Just wondering if the economic hard times are forcing some to reduce their arsenal and others (like me) can't afford to buy much right now.

Not really sure but could it be that the prices were just inflated due to the previous state of the economy and now they're coming back down to normal or at least where they should be?

I think the prices clearly went up after the election of "The One" we've all all been waiting for.

I have no data, but it seems like they have fallen back to where they were since before The Second Coming occurred.

After reading your post I went over to Gunbroker and had a look. The only thing I have looked at there are model 99 savages. There price looked about the same but I did not see any of the ones that usually command a high price like ones in 358 win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozarks View Post
    I have been looking at used Sako AV's on Gunbroker the last month and it appears to me that SELLING prices are down an average of 20% from a year ago. I have seen several rifles sell in the last two months for $800 range that would have brought $1000 a year ago.

Has anyone else noticed this with other brands/models of used rifles?

Just wondering if the economic hard times are forcing some to reduce their arsenal and others (like me) can't afford to buy much right now.
    I think people have finally figured out that Sako AVs are all but worthless....Please send them to me and for a nominal charge, I will dispose of them for you.