Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Hunting Black Bear this weekend

  1. #1

    Smile Hunting Black Bear this weekend

    Heading out with the famous Brian Mason, nephew and friend from Homer for black bear this weekend. Got skunked the first time around this summer but I'm sure it was my faultI have camo for the camera now. Will post pics after...I feel good about this one. Brian's even bringing bullets
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdelarm View Post
    Heading out with the famous Brian Mason, nephew and friend from Homer for black bear this weekend. Got skunked the first time around this summer but I'm sure it was my faultI have camo for the camera now. Will post pics after...I feel good about this one. Brian's even bringing bullets
    Hope to see some pics with Brian's nephew with a hawg of a bear. Regarless you guys will have a good time no doubt. Good luck guys.

  3. #3

    Default

    Weather is the main factor on these late hunts. The most productive ones I've had, were always on a cold, clear, frosty morning. The bears start to feed late morning and feed throughout the day. Looks like weather this week aint going to be very good, but it never hurts to give it a try.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  4. #4
    Moderator hunt_ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wasilla--Cantwell Transplant
    Posts
    4,600

    Default

    You guys bringing the video cameras?

  5. #5
    Member homerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    homer, alaska
    Posts
    3,922

    Default

    well, i couldn't get the guys over until late this afternoon due to rough seas, so they opted for "plan B" and headed back up the peninsula to a super secret honey-hole brian knows of...
    hope they get a nice one!
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    well, i couldn't get the guys over until late this afternoon due to rough seas, so they opted for "plan B" and headed back up the peninsula to a super secret honey-hole brian knows of...
    hope they get a nice one!
    Plenty of bears right here @ Fishapalooza!

    Doc

  7. #7
    Forum Admin Brian M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    13,396

    Default

    The hunt was mostly a bust. As Dave mentioned, the seas prevented us from getting where we wanted to be, so we ended up going with a Plan B. Saw a number of bears as darkness decended right when we got to our intended destination, but then nothing other than a single sow with twin cubs the next day. Came home early due to a number of factors. Strike two.

    The great news is that my nephew is undeterred and still anxious to go on his next hunt. The little guy has a great attitude and I love being in the mountains with him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •